Provider - DirecTV Stream

Okay perfect I think I had this mixed up in my head.

I wanted to call out that Discovery Family is currently missing from the channel list.

Thought I would just ask if this was something just not possible or possibly just previously missed? I see its not listed in the available channel list link when I filter to DirecTV Stream.

They are there on the list. About 3/4th the way down.

Correction: Thought they were talking about the Discovery Family of Networks. My error.

Not Discovery Family.
And they no longer stream Discovery Family GO

1 Like

Is that streaming piece the part that is required for it to work? If so I will happily email them saying I want the app back (I wouldn't mention Channels though).

Yes, but has nothing to do with any app.
See the paragraph How does it work? here What is TV Everywhere?

Just wondering who do we go to in order to request this then? Sounds like possibly Discovery or DirectvSteam possibly that need to enable this?

It was never available in Channels DVR.
For a TVE channel to work it has to have a Live website that allows you to Link (sign in with) your Provider to access the Live feed from the website.
Like https://www.nbc.com/live or https://go.discovery.com/channel/discovery

Okay so what I thought where it's not possible today and we need to reach out discovery to make it possible.

You mean Warner Brothers Discovery, Inc.

I have DirecTV with the dish and receiver and am able to use it as a TVE source. It works pretty well. The dish is actually located at my second home in Maine where I rarely am at. I access DirecTV using TVE via ChannelsDVR here in Maryland. I think this is fair and reasonable as I cannot be at two locations at the same time.

I am curious if anyone has had the actual satellite service and then dropped it and went with DirectTV Stream? I am told I can get the local channels - presumably, those where the billing address is located (or maybe I select a zip code?).

Since I use ChannelsDVR as my primary TV viewing tool, does anyone have any concerns making the switchover from satellite to DirecTV Stream? Any considerations?

Thanks!

I have DirecTV with the dish and receiver and am able to use it as a TVE source. It works pretty well. The dish is actually located at my second home in Maine where I rarely am at. I access DirecTV using TVE via ChannelsDVR here in Maryland. I think this is fair and reasonable as I cannot be at two locations at the same time.

I am curious if anyone has had the actual satellite service and then dropped it and went with DirectTV Stream? I am told I can get the local channels - presumably, those where the billing address is located (or maybe I select a zip code?).

Since I use ChannelsDVR as my primary TV viewing tool, does anyone have any concerns making the switchover from satellite to DirecTV Stream? Any considerations?

Thanks!

1 Like

There's an entire thread specifically about DirecTV Stream. (In fact, it's the first result if you search the forum for "DirecTV Stream".)

1 Like

Sorry - I could not figure out how to post to it. I'll try to move it around.

Has anyone been able to get the Grit network running via Directv Stream using channels? They just added this network this week. But so far it isn't showing up in channels as either unavailable or available.

Grit network is not available via TVE.

Having issues with only receiving the west coast Viacom feeds. I was getting the east coast. But after a rescan only getting west coast feeds. I have not moved and live on east coast.

Some of the channels
BET
TVLand
MTV
VH1
CMT

The server have moved. What should I do to troubleshoot?

Try on those network websites to see what's playing and contact their support

I'm considering switching from my current local service provider to DirecTV Stream, using Channels' TVE service.

I'm curious what people's experiences have been. Any drawbacks... regrets?

I just signed up for the 5 day free trial and so far I'm really happy. I have 149 TVE channels from this source, I'm impressed so far.