Provider - DirecTV Stream

It's telling you what to do.
Click one of the blue links to establish a secure httpS connection to your server.
Then try toggling the Experimantal feature which will then use geo-location.
Many posts on the forum about the issue.

I did. still getting the same error. So I restarted the computer and that fixed it. I hate that as a solution, 'cause I still don't know the root cause. but I am working again.

Yah, I know, when all else fails, reboot it.

What I like about the Bally Sports website (not sure about the app) , is that you can time-shift the commercials. Even better, immediately after the game ends, you can watch the replay commercial free without skip.
Be careful however, they put the scores on the top of the website, so don't look, and quickly scroll down to the bottom where the replays are.

Just noticed that DirecTV Stream is still listed as AT&T TV on the Channels TVE Availability web page.

Why do I see duplicates of channels? Like 2x of FX as an example? I suspect this is because its showing East and West?

Can I restrict it only to my region or just need to use favorites?

Also from my understanding you can only record 1 thing at a time? Is this accurate or is there a way to get multiple recording some way even if I need to buy hardware?

Just disable the channels you do not want.

1 Like

You can record as many things at once as your source will provide. For HDHomeRun TV tuners, that limit is based on how many tuners your device has. For TV Everywhere sources, there is no limit at this time.

1 Like

Okay perfect I think I had this mixed up in my head.

I wanted to call out that Discovery Family is currently missing from the channel list.

Thought I would just ask if this was something just not possible or possibly just previously missed? I see its not listed in the available channel list link when I filter to DirecTV Stream.

They are there on the list. About 3/4th the way down.

Correction: Thought they were talking about the Discovery Family of Networks. My error.

Not Discovery Family.
And they no longer stream Discovery Family GO

1 Like

Is that streaming piece the part that is required for it to work? If so I will happily email them saying I want the app back (I wouldn't mention Channels though).

Yes, but has nothing to do with any app.
See the paragraph How does it work? here What is TV Everywhere?

Just wondering who do we go to in order to request this then? Sounds like possibly Discovery or DirectvSteam possibly that need to enable this?

It was never available in Channels DVR.
For a TVE channel to work it has to have a Live website that allows you to Link (sign in with) your Provider to access the Live feed from the website.
Like https://www.nbc.com/live or https://go.discovery.com/channel/discovery

Okay so what I thought where it's not possible today and we need to reach out discovery to make it possible.

You mean Warner Brothers Discovery, Inc.

I have DirecTV with the dish and receiver and am able to use it as a TVE source. It works pretty well. The dish is actually located at my second home in Maine where I rarely am at. I access DirecTV using TVE via ChannelsDVR here in Maryland. I think this is fair and reasonable as I cannot be at two locations at the same time.

I am curious if anyone has had the actual satellite service and then dropped it and went with DirectTV Stream? I am told I can get the local channels - presumably, those where the billing address is located (or maybe I select a zip code?).

Since I use ChannelsDVR as my primary TV viewing tool, does anyone have any concerns making the switchover from satellite to DirecTV Stream? Any considerations?

Thanks!

I have DirecTV with the dish and receiver and am able to use it as a TVE source. It works pretty well. The dish is actually located at my second home in Maine where I rarely am at. I access DirecTV using TVE via ChannelsDVR here in Maryland. I think this is fair and reasonable as I cannot be at two locations at the same time.

I am curious if anyone has had the actual satellite service and then dropped it and went with DirectTV Stream? I am told I can get the local channels - presumably, those where the billing address is located (or maybe I select a zip code?).

Since I use ChannelsDVR as my primary TV viewing tool, does anyone have any concerns making the switchover from satellite to DirecTV Stream? Any considerations?

Thanks!

1 Like