Provider - Dish Network

Please use this thread to discuss experiences and channel availability for Dish Network.

Current Status: All subscribed TVE channels work.

Select your provider here Channels Support - TV Everywhere Availability to see what channels might be available with Channels DVR TVE

I am logged into dish and can't see MSNBC, should I be able to get that channel?

What does it say next to MSNBC in the pencil edit menu?

I figured it out..the person I was testing it with doesn't have MSNBC..sigh...I tested it with the msnbc phone app and tried their provider creds and it wouldn't work. :slight_smile:

I just added the multi-sports pack on Dish which includes channels like Longhorn Network, RedZone, etc. The channels show up on my television, but they don't seem to be coming up on TV Everywhere. I have tried re-scanning and then I also tried to delete the source and re-add it. Those new channels are not showing up. Here's the log:

2019/08/29 18:25:57 [TVE] Channel scan 95/181 LONGHORN failed: notAuthorized: You do not have a subscription to view the requested content. To upgrade your programming go to mydish.com/programming and then log back in to view content.
2019/08/29 18:25:58 [TVE] Channel scan 97/181 MSG failed: login not supported
2019/08/29 18:25:58 [TVE] Channel scan 98/181 MSGPLUS failed: login not supported
2019/08/29 18:26:00 [TVE] Channel scan 103/181 SNY failed: login not supported
2019/08/29 18:26:01 [TVE] Channel scan 104/181 NESN failed: notAuthorized: You do not have a subscription to view the requested content. To upgrade your programming go to mydish.com/programming and then log back in to view content.
2019/08/29 18:26:01 [TVE] Channel scan 105/181 NBCSN-CHICAGO failed: notAuthorized: Needs to re-authenticate
2019/08/29 18:26:02 [TVE] Channel scan 106/181 NBCSN-WASHINGTON failed: notAuthorized: Needs to re-authenticate
2019/08/29 18:26:02 [TVE] Channel scan 107/181 NBCSN-BOSTON failed: login not supported
2019/08/29 18:26:02 [TVE] Channel scan 108/181 NBCSN-BAYAREA failed: notAuthorized: Needs to re-authenticate
2019/08/29 18:26:03 [TVE] Channel scan 109/181 NBCSN-CALIFORNIA failed: notAuthorized: Needs to re-authenticate
2019/08/29 18:26:03 [TVE] Channel scan 110/181 NBCSN-NORTHWEST failed: login not supported
2019/08/29 18:26:03 [TVE] Channel scan 111/181 NBCSN-PHILLYPLUS failed: login not supported

If you visit http://www.espn.com/watch and login with Dish, can you watch Longhorn?

I am new to Channels and am currently a Dish customer. I was curious about the video and audio quality of the TVE experience with Dish. If anyone can share, I would really appreciate it. Thanks

If you're asking how the quality compares to what you view/record with your Dish equipment I can't answer that as I don't have Dish.

The way TVE works with Channels DVR is that it uses your TV Provider account (Cable/Sat/OTT doesn't matter who) to authenticate you to the Network you want to watch/record. The content doesn't come from your Provider Dish, it comes from the network you're viewing/recording.

I think all are either 720p or 1080p and Stereo only.

You can compare yourself by going to the network 'watch now' website and logging in with your Dish credentials.

Just a couple of many examples.
Watch TCM
Watch ESPN

Sorry, I realized I was not clear, but thank you very much. That is actually what I was interested in for both picture and sound.

It is helpful to know that the quality is determined by the network. Is there a list somewhere of channel output? It's great that channels will either come in 720p or 1080p. Do you know if the picture is limited to 30 fps or do some channels stream at 60 fps?

Most are 30 fps. ESPN is 60

Great, thanks for all the quick replies and help.

Interesting. It says I do not have a subscription to view the content. I have the channel when I access it through the Dish guide on my receiver.

That explains why it doesn't work then. You can try contacting Dish support.

Just tried this feature. Looks awesome! I logged in with Dish and everything seems to work except for NBC Sports Chicago. If I go to the NBC Sports website I can login and stream everything just fine. Here is the error in the log

[TVE] Channel scan 106/184 NBCSN-CHICAGO failed: notAuthorized: Needs to re-authenticate

Doesn't hitting Edit then Rescan next to that channel make any difference?

It doesn't unfortunately. I uninstalled and reinstalled, removed and readded, and it still didn't seem to help. I also tried another browser in case the auth was happening within the browser and not in the server. Looks like its server side so it didn't help. I did have it authenticated against direct and then had to switch it to dish network so maybe that plays into it

Okay it must be remembering something across rescan. I will take a look this week.

Lost a lot of channels for dish. If I look at them on web app it says "chrome auth_timed_out". Any idea on why and how I can fix them. I tied to rescan individual channels and get same result.

What does it show on http://x.x.x.x:8089/providers/tve/error_screenshot.png

1 Like

Any luck with this? I still seem to have the "Needs to reauthenticate" bug