Provider - FuboTV

Yep, If I was a new customer I could get what you have without a box. But I was an existing customer even though I dumped their TV Service 9 months ago. I still had Internet and Phone with them.

This is the Deal I have currently with the Streaming only (Good for another 22 more months)

1 Like

Here is what I'm getting with Spectrum TV Streaming.

I wouldn't say Hulu is a good choice at all. Unless I am seeing old lists, tve support seems lacking.

hit reply to wrong person...sorry*

So around $60 all in with Broadcast fee. I was paying $46 for Choice, premiums and broadcast fee, so around the same as YTTV.

Here is the Latest Availability

Well I asked spectrum about the package you have and they offered it to me today for about they same price you paid. Unfortunately with that said it doesn't include the Movie package. But it does allow me to pull most of the networks into Channels DVR. And I didn't have to rent or use that bulky receiver.

Are you talking about Essentials or Choice. I had Choice with Premiums

I went with the Select option. The Choice Option only allowed me to select 10 networks plus all locals. I had more with what I had. No premiums. So most of the networks can be used in Channels DVR. I don't need 4 sources anymore. Just need 2 now. HDHomerun and Spectrum Stream. My cost is 44.99 monthly for 24 months with no receiver. At first the rep said box was needed but he said doing an upgrade since I was an exiting customer qualified for activation.

that looks quit nice, but Spectrum is not available anywhere near me their site says then redirects to Xfinity.
Why i an internet only TV service restricted to a companys hard line service areas only?

Because their streaming only service is only available to their internet subscribers. If you don't have Spectrum internet, you can't sign up for Spectrum's streaming only package.

Started trial of FUBO TV...dont reall care for it. it has alot of chans, but a few that the site advertises are not there. Nat go nat geo wild are no where to be found.

I also try to add Fobotv to TVE on channels, and i get a chrome time out error.
A serch says to wait 24hrs and try again..

Thats what i said pretty much. it is point less as it works over the internet.
Comcast is same way, they restrict it to work only on thier internet lines.
should make no differacne as to what connection u watch it from.

Except part of the reason they are able to offer the reduced pricing of those packages is because they are already providing service to the subscriber. While it may seem arbitrary from the consumer point of view, I can see why a provider would make such conditions necessary. (Such a condition may also be part of Spectrum's contract for carrying the channel in the first place, too. Limiting Spectrum's OTT options in case the networks wish to deploy their own independent service.)

You may not like the situation, but that's the way it is. Cable and telecom companies have always been some of the least pro-consumer companies in American history.

Now on my final day of free trial of FuboTV.
Still have not been able to connect Channels TVE to it.
I always get either the time out message or " authn: 401 Unauthorized: Data not found"
I guess Fubo is blocking it.
Since they must have just very recently dumped a few key channs on my list, i just took a screenshot of thier site a couple weeks ago.....no longer interested in them anyway.

I just cancelled FuboTV (after about 2 years) and went with Hulu Live and Philo. After a month of going back and forth with FuboTV about issues with TVE and then dropping FX and Fox Regional channels on the first of the year I finally just gave up.

Right now Hulu and Philo TVE is working great with Channels.

Hulu Live TV i find, after the necessary add ons for the comerical skipping dvr and more screens, and the entertain add on and no hulu ads, is ~$84. That is WAY to high...plus ad the $20 for Philo, and the $8 i pay for Channels, that $112, which is more that I was paying to Xfinity.

I also hate the way the Hulu app looks works, give me a more home media center/dvr/cable box UI.

Fubo, last month when i took screenshots of the offerings, had the FX and Nat Geo chans...i sign up for trial this past week, they are gone. I also knew they were were a sports oriented service, indeed, a bit to much for my tastes. Could not find an option to hide the channels i do not want to even see. TVE did not even work either. After all that, Fubo is a nope.

SO i guess leaves me with my folks Xfinity login(Starter package) that gives bunch of channels, then Philo, that adds a few more, then my HDHR Quatro OTA for locals, and my soon to be retired HDHR Prime for the 10 channels that the other source can't access (which i dont care to much about).

Anyone else having issues with Fubo TVE logins for CBS Sports and Fox Sports?

I just tried to tune into both and got "Not Authorized". I tried rescanning the channels, and all are showing as "Not Authorized" now. I can login to both CBS Sports and Fox Sports and use my Fubo credentials to watch online. Please help. No entries in the logs after scanning, just "Not Authorized" in the edit screen.

Thanks.

When that happened to me I had to remove Fubo as a source and readd it. Everything came back. No promise it will work for you, but it worked for me.

Thanks @boogmeister1, that seemed to do the trick.