Provider - FuboTV

My statement is prove correct by the devs btw.

"a regional issue that is only affecting some people. It has to do with how the streaming services inject local ads."

Thus, all TVE logins are affected,....in the regional area that has the issues (this was the further info posted today that clarifys/narrows down things).

Certain users seem to not have any issue...cool. Thanks for your input input.

There are a couple issues that people have been running into. They report similar error messages so it's easy to get them confused.

The FuboTV Issue

Highlights:

• Specific to FuboTV
  • Impacts all channels
  • Prevents channels from playing at all
  • Happens after about 30 days
  • Current solution is to delete and re-add
  • We are working on a fix

Details:

There is a FuboTV-specific issue where after a period of time (around 30 days) all channel tuning on TVE would return unauthorized. The only solution has been to delete and re-add the source. @tmm1 has tracked down what is going on here and we'll be able to solve it.

The Commercial Break Issue

Highlights:

• Not specific to a TVE provider
  • Happens on a limited set of channels
  • Only impacts certain geographies
  • Happens after a stream has been playing successfully
  • We don't know how we're going to solve this

Details:

The other issue that was referenced is completely different and happens for streams that are playing okay. It appears to be an issue with the TV networks themselves and does not impact everyone the same. It seems to be an issue regionally, isn't impacted by what TVE provider is used, and is an error in the stream that shouldn't ever be happening. Because this is outside of what is expected for how these streams behave, we're struggling to figure out where would be best to handle this. Nothing in your system was designed to handle this kind of behavior, so it's going to take some time if we are able to figure it out.

3 Likes

Thank you, I'm on the disconnects during commercials column.

1 Like

As i said, All TVE credentials/providers affected, not all people.... my point is correct in regards to 403 error for commercial breaks.

proof again posted by devs after your post.

Ah. well that does clear up a few confusion of things, did not see that there is 2 separate but similar symptom related issues going on.

One is related to exclusivity Fubo TVE provider, the other affects for all TVE providers, in a certain region (that region can't exactly be defined/determined?)

Thanks for clearing that.

Fubo has added ESPN and most of the Disney channels. They are not found in channels under TV everywhere.

Click the pencil icon under Fubo, then click Rescan Missing at the top.

I've tried re-scanning several times. It's still only reports 62 of the total FuboTV channels.

I'm running version 2020.08.19.2205

Sounds like you need to remove and readd then, and if there are more issues click Support > Submit Diagnostics and email [email protected]

Thank you for the very speed response! I will give that a try.

Is it possible to remove channels from TVE? Fubo is letting me log into NESN, but it's not a local RSN for me, so live stuff is blacked out.

I think you can disable them in the web interface channel list for each source.

Disables from guide, but it doesn't remove it from channels the DVR tries to record, at least from what i can see...

Does this mean you performed the following:
From a browser, in settings, under the Fubo TV provider, click on the pencil icon. Then find the station you want to remove and click on the 2nd column icon (greyed out circle with a slash through it). It should turn the icon red which should remove it from your listings and stop channels from trying to record it.

Yep - i even removed the team pass, crossed out NESN, and recreated. It queued all new recordings.

You may need to restart the DVR server, or refresh the guide database. Sometimes guide-level changes require a restart.

Remember, that client settings are separate, too. So you may also need to disable the channel in each client, too.

Rebuilding guide did the trick - i was doing it concurrently with your reply :slight_smile: Thanks.

I'm very new at this. Is there a reason why I would get my ABC on Fubo in the Fubo app but not get the TVE feed in Channels? How do I fix this?

1 Like

One possible reason is that Fubo does not have a deal with ABC that permits the use of Fubo credentials for streaming via TV Everywhere.

Another reason could be that your local ABC affiliate is not partnering with ABC corporate to deliver their stream via TV Everywhere; or possibly your local affiliate does not have a stream period.

When I try to watch on the TVE url I get an unavailable message. Its the Clemson vs VTech game. Do the black those out?