Provider - Hulu Live TV

Hi All,
I'm wondering if anyone has current experience with Hulu Live and TVE integration? I am running Channels DVR on Synology NAS. I also am wondering if anyone is pulling Hulu non-TVE stations into Channels DVR by another means, ADBTuner, perhaps?

Hey John,
I'm thinking of switching to Hulu. I see that you got it working with Channels DVR this past December. I'm wondering if it is still working well. Are you using it with TVE, or some other way to get the service into your Channels DVR server?

@jsfullam, ADBTuner will work with Hulu, to get any channel, into Channels. I was using it last year, but had few issues with Hulu/log in and ADBTuner, so I gave up and switched to YTTV. Which worked very, very well with ADBTuner. However, it's baseball season and I'm back on Fubo for regional sports, and using the Fubo TV project. Which works incredibly well.

2 Likes

Hulu tve integration works as well as any other provider. Give it a try it’s not like you can’t cancel it after a month.

My personal experiences over the past couple years have found that to be untrue. I do not have the authentication issues with Spectrum that I had with Hulu previously. The authentication problems are why I left Hulu. If that could be resolved I would seriously consider another Hulu sub.

1 Like

My experience is the opposite, I dropped spectrum because they would not keep my subscription up to date with the tve. It would literally say channels were not in my subscription for a week and I would miss recordings. I’m not saying Hulu is perfect because it’s not. All providers have/had issues at some point. TVE integration is in and probably always will be in beta due to a moving target.

1 Like

I certainly can't blame you for dropping [insert offending provider here].

1 Like

Is Anyone still having issues with Hulu live. I just signed up, but if I try to add it as a source, it says my password is wrong. It's not

Hi Richard,
I signed up for Hulu Live about two weeks ago (April 16). They advertise a free 3 day trial. My card was charged the monthly fee after only a day or so. However, I see that my account does show the monthly renewal date to be after the initial trial period (May 20).
I was able to successfully add it as a TVE source using my previous Disney credentials. So far, no problems to speak of...
Have you tried using your new Hulu credentials on the Hulu website, or their own app?

Have the exact same issue. Been like that going on two weeks. Everything was fine until they merged all the Disney-owned accounts together. Something got screwed up between my Disney Parks and Hulu accounts and now it won't let me log in.

They said the technical team was looking at it, but no resolution at the moment. Call in and do all the troubleshooting steps and they will prorate you.

Where can't you login? I have no issues on the Hulu website, just channels.

The website and the app. I can access ESPN+ and Disney+ just fine though. Just a Hulu thing.

When I had it working, I did have to use a verification code when logging into Channels with it.

Wonder if this will help Hulu Live TV users.

Disney is making it as simple as possible for you.

At your next login attempt on any MyDisney compatible service, when you enter into a password-restricted feature, Disney will ask you to update your password. From then on, that password is the only one you’ll need to remember.

That means that going forward, any other MyDisney compatible service will ask you to use only that same email and password via the same prompt.

1 Like

By coincidence, I signed up for Hulu Live on the very day of this announcement from My Disney. (Apr 16) Adding Hulu Live as a TVE source to Channels, it easily accepted my existing Disney account password, and has been working fine since then. At some point later, it did ask me to login to the Hulu app through my home network, so that it could get my location. I suppose so that it could verify appropriate local channels.

Follow up. Took them about two weeks, but my login is working again. However I did switch to Youtube TV in the interim. Might revisit at a later date

Anything I need to know for hulu live my authentication keeps failing.

@Charlyc

1 Like

I see that several beta updates have been released to address this Hulu Live authentication issue. Has it been resolved? If so, what do we as users need to do to get Hulu TVE working again?

Update to the latest Channels DVR Pre-Release version.
Run Support > Troubleshooting from the DVR web admin UI to ensure all green checkmarks.
Follow the latest Topic about the issue.

Sometimes the DVR Pre-Release notes will contain links at the bottom to the topics discussing the problem, like this one

Thanks! I must have missed the link to the new topic in the earlier comment. I'll follow up there.