Provider - Hulu Live TV

How do you enable this? I don't see any of the EAO channels on my Hulu+Live TVE source.

They just showed up for me when I scanned. Channels like Destination America, Science were there.

1 Like

Right. I did find those two specifically as well as Discovery Life, but none of the rest of the EAO package:

• American Heroes Channel
  • BET Her
  • CNBC World
  • Cooking Channel
  • Crime + Investigation
  • Destination America (Found)
  • Discovery Family
  • Discovery Life (Found)
  • DIY
  • Great American Country Family
  • Military History Channel
  • Nicktoons
  • MTV2
  • MTV Classic
  • Science (Found)
  • TeenNick

Do all of those even have live streams? I saw Diy, cooking and AHC are missing. Fox soccer plus was there.

SCI, Discovery Life and Destination America work for me.

1 Like

I see that TCM is available on the Hulu+Live TV, and on their Live TV Only plan. But giving up Hulu in order to save $1 a month doesn't make sense to me. https://signup.hulu.com/plans

Have you been able to authenticate TCM with Hulu+Live TV on Channels DVR?

Right now I'm able to authenticate TCM with YouTube TV on Channels DVR but if Google forces 2FA, then I assume I won't any longer. I've read that Google will offer an opt-out option for 2FA, but I'm planning for the worst.

Thanks!
Mark M.

PS: Like your moniker! I'm a huge fan of Frank Lloyd Wright.

1 Like

Yeah, I get TCM from Hulu+LiveTV no problem on Channels.

I've never seen a "only live tv" plan on Hulu, so I'm not sure what the "save $1" thing is.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming TCM will authenticate with Hulu+Live TV.

I supplied a link in my original post which shows exactly the difference between Hulu+Live TV and Live TV only. And the price difference: $1.

Unfortunately the link apparently shows different pages depending on how you got there. So here's a snapshot of the important differences:

This is what I see for that link in an incognito window:

And when I'm logged in, it just takes me to the "Manage your account" page (no plans listed).

I never see (or have ever seen) an "Only LiveTV" option on Hulu.

Try this link
https://www.hulu.com/signup/go/live-only

I know the link doesn't show what I intended. I already explained the link will show you different content depending on how you get to it. That's why I included a snapshot to show what I intended to show with the link.

If you like you can find your way there within this web page:
https://help.hulu.com/s/article/what-is-hulu-live-tv

This is a better link than the one I originally supplied. Thanks for helping to clarify this.

Does SCI still work for you (or anyone else) with just Hulu+Live (no entertainment package)?

On the Hulu website it looks like SCI has been bumped to the entertainment add-on, and Channels returns a "403: Not permitted to watch (access.denied.missingpackage)" error for me.

Not that it's a big loss; neither SCI or Discovery itself is about science or discoveries these days so How It's Made is about the only show I care to spend bandwidth on.

I have just Hulu+Live, and the stream is working for me at this time (I did re-auth about a week ago), it is showing:

What on Earth?
Hunting the Ark of the Covenant
Season 4, Episode 17

2 Likes

SCI is Working for me.

2 Likes

Good to know. Thank you, and @kcshield, for confirming. :+1:

I've sent my logs to the devs, may be they can see if there's anything with my setup preventing SCI to authenticate.

I have Hulu Live TV with ESPN+. Is there a way to record NHL games that are on ESPN+ thru Hulu Live TV? Not sure if I asked this correctly.

1 Like

Not directly through channels, possibly through PlayOn integration.

Is the NFL Network something that streams live for Channels DVR on Hulu? When I go to their website with Chrome on my Channels DVR server and login with Hulu credentials, it plays. For some reason, NFL Network doesn't appear on the list of available channels for the Hulu-TVE lineup. It seems like it should work, how do I make it appear in the Hulu-TVE channel lineup?

1 Like

How does it look in Rescan Channels for your Hulu source?

2 Likes