Provider - Hulu Live TV

Some additional info:
When I use Firefox on a computer instead of chrome on the FS1/2 website the stream works fine.
When I use Chrome on a computer, FS1/2 website the stream won't start.
Still, when I try to scan for channels on Hulu, it throws an error "404 not found" in the log for FS1/2.

1 Like

I feel like the "Current Status" in the top post should be changed to "broken - does not work at all". If anyone comes to this thread looking for info on what service to use for TVE, they definitely shouldn't be expecting Hulu to work currently.

Edit: Of course, immediately after I posted this they came out with a "fix" of sorts. So, Hulu is once again possible, just a bit buggy to get logged in at the moment due to the captcha nonsense.

Thanks.

DVR User, what was the fix to get Hulu to work? I am new to this and setup my Channels DVR yesterday but every time I try an add my Hulu Live or my new AT&T TV account it asks me for my account login for each subscription and it spins trying to verify the account and never finishes. I have tried it with Safari, Chrome, Firefox on Mac and Edge on a Windows machine all with the same results.

Make sure you're using the latest "pre-release" version of Channels. If you're still having trouble at that point, I would probably try using a different web browser.

How do you get pre release versions?

In the DVR web ui, click the drop down next to the version and choose pre-release.

1 Like

For the last week or so, Hulu Live has stopped working again with the channel rescan.
I've been using the Pre-Release version of DVR and update every other day.
It scans the first 70 channels or so, then pops up wanting to captcha... complete the captcha and click verify and it simply errors and starts the captcha over.

Anyone getting NBC TVE? I am getting the other three locals, but not NBC.

The entertainment add on ($7.99) works with TVE without paying. Anyone that has it cancel. It will cover your cost of Channels.,:grin::grin::grin:

How do you enable this? I don't see any of the EAO channels on my Hulu+Live TVE source.

They just showed up for me when I scanned. Channels like Destination America, Science were there.

1 Like

Right. I did find those two specifically as well as Discovery Life, but none of the rest of the EAO package:

• American Heroes Channel
  • BET Her
  • CNBC World
  • Cooking Channel
  • Crime + Investigation
  • Destination America (Found)
  • Discovery Family
  • Discovery Life (Found)
  • DIY
  • Great American Country Family
  • Military History Channel
  • Nicktoons
  • MTV2
  • MTV Classic
  • Science (Found)
  • TeenNick

Do all of those even have live streams? I saw Diy, cooking and AHC are missing. Fox soccer plus was there.

SCI, Discovery Life and Destination America work for me.

1 Like

I see that TCM is available on the Hulu+Live TV, and on their Live TV Only plan. But giving up Hulu in order to save $1 a month doesn't make sense to me. https://signup.hulu.com/plans

Have you been able to authenticate TCM with Hulu+Live TV on Channels DVR?

Right now I'm able to authenticate TCM with YouTube TV on Channels DVR but if Google forces 2FA, then I assume I won't any longer. I've read that Google will offer an opt-out option for 2FA, but I'm planning for the worst.

Thanks!
Mark M.

PS: Like your moniker! I'm a huge fan of Frank Lloyd Wright.

1 Like

Yeah, I get TCM from Hulu+LiveTV no problem on Channels.

I've never seen a "only live tv" plan on Hulu, so I'm not sure what the "save $1" thing is.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming TCM will authenticate with Hulu+Live TV.

I supplied a link in my original post which shows exactly the difference between Hulu+Live TV and Live TV only. And the price difference: $1.

Unfortunately the link apparently shows different pages depending on how you got there. So here's a snapshot of the important differences:

This is what I see for that link in an incognito window:

And when I'm logged in, it just takes me to the "Manage your account" page (no plans listed).

I never see (or have ever seen) an "Only LiveTV" option on Hulu.

Try this link
https://www.hulu.com/signup/go/live-only