Provider - Hulu Live TV

Same thing happened to me about 2 months ago. Channels started falling off and then when I tried to login to hulu it forced me to change the password right away. So either they got hacked or they are moving services to a different login and it required it. Over the past month I have had people trying to reset my password. Getting the e-mail to change it. So they are totally trying to hack it again.

1 Like

That email thing is strange. I get that every 3 or 4 weeks, repeated emails providing a verification code, and it seems that my Hulu TVE tuner is broken until I manually intervene to fix this. I do wonder if this is a result of Hulu requiring an occasional verification, then Channels DVR attempting to tune a TVE channel - the last time this happened, I couldn't tune TVE channels and every time I tried a new channel I got a new email.

Additionally, how do I ensure that Google Chrome is always letting a Hulu login (either at Hulu.com or any other TVE site) have my location data? It seems I can do this with a standard browser to some degree, but not an incognito window (unless forced in one session manually), I suppose by design. Do I need to have an incognito window open to Hulu.com and minimized on the PC at all times (with location data enabled) to prevent this situation?

1 Like

Hi all, I just moved to Hulu Live as well and what I'm seeing is I have to go through the 2FA process only from any new external IP address. So, I think if you get a new IP address from your ISP, you will be required to go through the 2FA process again. Just sign in from the same computer or LAN that goes through the same gateway / external IP address, go through the 2FA process, then any device in your LAN should be able to get through afterwards. Good luck!!

Hulu uses its apps for TV devices to set your "home" location. They use this info to determine your location for local stations but they also provide more leniency to devices on the same IP. I don't use the Hulu app much but I have had zero issues with TVE authentication and 2FA since logging into it on my ATV.

2 Likes

I had a mishap yesterday that jogged my memory a bit. With my Hulu Live TV sub I get Disney+ as a rider. I changed my password on the Disney+ website yesterday, forgetting that it was tied to my Hulu account, so it ultimately changed my Hulu password at the same time. Of course this took a few minutes of looking through the Channels DVR log to see why it couldn't authenticate Hulu-TVE, and I scratched my head for a few minutes, then realized what had happened.

It did, however, make me think about logging in to Disney+ while traveling, and what the implications might be to my Channels DVR, Hulu-TVE authentication at home.

Disney doesn't have any geo restricitons for local content that I am aware of like Hulu does for the local broadcast so you should be fine. Others may have more insight, but I'd put a 5 spot on my belief being accurate. :wink:

When I first signed up for the Disney/Hulu/ESPN bundle, they were tied to the same e-mail but the passwords could be different. Then recently when I changed one password, the others changed too. Seems like their password policy changed without notice. So maybe you didn't forget anything.

I had an ongoing issue with Channels DVR/Hulu authentication that would typically appear at the same time I started to receive multiple account verification emails from Hulu, so I guess I'm overly careful of logins occurring only on my Channels DVR server. I haven't seen the issue since Aman got involved a few weeks ago, but as I only subscribe to one-screen watching on Hulu, I'm still not sure how that works with Disney, although jator is convinced that I could be watching Disney at multiple locations without it affecting my one-screen account on Hulu.

You don’t need to worry. While Disney and Hulu share the password they are separate entities when it comes to screens. Even more important channels uses the tve direct from the network and is not subject to Hulu screen limitations. The stream is from the network not Hulu. So use Disney plus all you want while traveling, no need to worry about it affecting Hulu authorized TVE.

The problem with authentication seems to have popped up again this afternoon, I received (4) different Hulu login verifications between 2:55 and 3:02 CST, and then an inability to tune the TVE channel (FS1). Logs were submitted a few minutes ago. Sage attempted to tune it at 2:55, then Channels DVR would have attempted at 2:59. Surprisingly Sage did eventually get it going about 23 minutes late.

1 Like

Same here, can no longer get FS1 with Hulu TVE.

1 Like

I've been using Fubo TV in Channels since late last year, and now I'm trying to switch to Hulu with Live TV. However, it's just giving me the error seen below. I know that I'm using the right username and password. Any help is appreciated.

Go through the steps to change your password on Hulu but keep it the same as the original password. Then try logging in again.

Wow, that was a great diagnostic. I guess I’m having a Hulu problem. I can log out of Hulu in a browser, and then type my password to log back in. However, when I try to reset it, it says, “Cannot authenticate your password. Please re-enter.”

1 Like

I had the best success with Hulu Live after logging into their app on my Apple TV. By logging into a tv device/client this sets your “home” location for Hulu. Any devices accessing Hulu from that IP address tends to get a pass from my experience.

Thank you, I just went and logged in from a Smart TV, but still not working.

I assumed that's exactly what my server was doing, maybe not? Aman had mentioned in prior communication that more logins from different devices even at the same IP was not advisable. I sent in logs, and I would encourage all of you to do the same so the developers can at least try to get a handle on this.

1 Like

Yep, just providing a suggestion based on what worked for me in the past. I am certainly not an expert and defer to others who are.

1 Like

So, today I was able to get FS1 working again. But, now every time Channels tunes to a Hulu Live channel, I'm getting a "verification code" email, but the channel does play. It just takes a long time to tune into the stream. And, to be clear, I'm not doing anything with the verification code Hulu is sending to my email.

I ran into a similar problem a few months ago. I had to go into my hulu account and remove Manage Devices then use the browser on my computer to log back into hulu and activate through e-mail. It seems to clear up my authentication issues with TVE.

2 Likes