Provider - Hulu Live TV

Hulu completely stopped working. I submitted logs ... if anyone cares.

I guess no Bucks playoff game tonight.

Oh, and although I can login to hulu.com via the Chrome browser on the Win10 CDVR server, it will not successfully login in an incognito Chrome window on that same machine. Hopefully that's not a problem.

I went into my Hulu account and removed the previous devices, but not sure how to clear the Channels verification codes that keep coming up. I tune a channel on the DVR, a verification email is rec'd, then I go into the Hulu account and try to enter that verification code for the "new device" but it isn't accepted.

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong in trying to clear this issue? Or, does this verification code need to be entered into Channels, some how?

Did you use the same browser after clearing all the devices and web browser that you would use to remove the hulu account and re-add it to channels?

1 Like

So, I went back into Hulu, removed devices again, then deleted Hulu from Channels. When I try to add it back as a source in Channels, I get the 2FA error message in Channels.

On the Windows server, I opened a Chrome incognito window, logged into Hulu (had to enter a verification code). Then while logged in to Hulu, I added Hulu as a source in Channels. Still got the 2FA error.

Not sure what to try next? Hulu had been working perfectly for 3 months, until today, when I started getting verification emails every time Channels tuned to a channel.

Ymmv but when I had this issue I did this, all in non-incognito chrome browser on the server machine:

• made sure chrome was up to date via troubleshooting
  1. Made sure all passwords are the same for Hulu Disney+ and espn+
  2. Went in and deleted all devices in Hulu
  3. Logged in and out of Hulu management page like 4 times in a row until it didn’t like it and sent a code to verify. After verifying open another browser and
  4. Log into the Hulu live tv page and watched a channel briefly
  5. Went to discovery web page logged in and watched briefly via Hulu creds
  6. Add Hulu as source in channels

Don’t bother entering any codes in the devices section on Hulu. That’s not for adding tve it’s for adding apps and won’t work unfortunately. You may have to do a reverse rain dance while patting the head of a mountain goat as step 7 but i skipped that part and it still worked. Good luck

1 Like

Thanks, I'll roll up my sleeves again, later tonight.

You might have to put chicken bones around your pc as well @Rice

So, I have Hulu AND an antenna via HDHomeRun. When I lost the ability to watch live via TVE in channels channel list, I ALSO lost the ability to watch any of my local channels via HDHomeRun. When I logged into Hulu and checked my logins via Managed Devices, I did NOT see a TVE entry. So, I just rebooted my Channels DVR computer and waited like 15 minutes. Everything started working again.

My point here.... Why did my over the air channels stop working as well? My local antenna 5-1 channels displayed "Connection Lost Cable provider authentication failed" along with my hulu channels. I would assume that the local channels via antenna wouldn't be affected but they were.

I cross posted this in another thread here: Channels DVR authentication to Hulu Fails | Captcha grayed out also - #14 by rmc0315

Ed

So, I had some time this morning to try again. Here's what I did, all on the server machine after making sure Chrome was up to date.

1. Log in and out of Hulu, using a normal Chrome session. Did this about 8 times, but never got a 2FA prompt.
  2. Watched a channel in Hulu for a few minutes, stopped that playback.
  3. Logged into Discovery, with my Hulu credentials using Chrome, and watched the live stream. Did not stop this playback
  4. Added Hulu as a source in Channels, and it scanned successfully.
  5. Checked Hulu devices, and TVE is now listed.

Thanks to all for the help. Hopefully this is stable going forward.

3 Likes

Nice! I do recall that someone thought this problem happens when and if your ISP changed IPs. But I don't know that for sure.

1 Like

Great! No step 7 needed! I think it will be smooth sailing from here on out. I find it interesting that you hit this problem at 3months in. That is exactly when I had this problem. Hulu required a password reset and makes you use the same password on the all three services. After that, the verification codes started to come. It’s been a year now since that with no authorization issues.

1 Like

I can definitely confirm that my ISP address has not changed, since I was remoting into my server this morning, to get it working. :grinning:

That is quite interesting about the 3 month mark. It did coincide with a promo price expiring, and my bill going up slightly. LOL

It worked! Thank you soooooooo much!!!!

1 Like

Just tested and mine seems to be working now today. I was getting a long string of authentication emails from Hulu last night until after 8pm. I did nothing since my last post. I wish someone could explain what's going on.

Sounds like Hulu broke something on their end yesterday and fixed it today. If you can't login on their website then the DVR won't be able to either.

2 Likes

Great assessment, thanks. I have no idea what's going on ... I hoped that you would.

More authentication errors with Hulu just now. Logs submitted. Is it just Hulu having another bad day?

Should I be emailing support here at the same time I'm posting and submitting, because I'm not sure anymore, or if you care?

Definitely some changes on the Hulu end. I'm on my 10th password reset in 2023. I'll get everything working after changing the password (which logs out all devices). Eventually get Channels DVR logged in again after dozens of Hulu login verification emails. Then after 4 to 5 days everything stops working again - not even a week in between anymore...

Hulu seems to decide it doesn't like my IP address anymore after so many attempts when the "login verification" isn't entered. Then even chrome logins in an icognito webbrowser will stop accepting the current password forcing you to click the blue "Forgot your email or password?" link. So at least I can reproduce that error mentioned by others in this thread.

Rescan of individual channels almost always now prompts the "login verification" email. Last weekend I deleted the source altogher and after 20-30 re-add attempts it worked. Clearly not working well at this point. I got it working on Sunday after it stopped altogther Friday and by the following Thursday I'm getting the error "login verificaiton" emails again.

Seriously considering another live TV provider that has the sports channels without the recurring Hulu login issues. Maybe Fubo? Any recos would be appreciated.

I did get everything working again - as usual the guides to use incognito tabs etc eventually worked. TVE Troubleshooting tips - Channels DVR / TV Everywhere - Channels Community

Still haven't logged back into the Hulu, Disney+ and ESPN apps on each Apple TV. Figure by the time I've done that I'll have 45 minutes into the process since resetting the locked out password. Doing this every 4 days WORKS, but clearly is not OK for the long term. Not sure why Hulu starts this "login verification" cycle so often now... Still tempted to try another service and downgrade Hulu away from LiveTV but keep Disney+ and my college baseball ESPN+ :slight_smile:

I think we need to start making some comparisons to the other services that offer TVE. What service has a similar channel lineup and doesn't have this constant hassle? Does Channels DVR keep an updated table/spreadsheet on which services offer what channels?

1 Like