Provider - Sling TV

Anyone know if the Sling Blue package gives you TV Everywhere access to NBC Sportsnet Philadelphia, or access to at least the app in Philly markets where the Sixers Phillies and Flyers play? This channel is going to be the biggest thorn in my side when cutting the cord.

Do you know who has the second best since vue is being canceled?

Anybody who wants to know this is all Sling TV TVE supported Channels are now that they dropped many Jan 1st 2020 (Blue)

Sling is bad but not that bad

I guess Sling, with its AirTV and Channels combo is no longer paying networks for TV Everywhere streams? Would be a shame if so, especially considering their price went up as well.

10 posts talking about YouTubeTV were merged into an existing topic: Provider - YouTube TV

Hallmark channels do not show up in the Channels app from Sling TV. Is this something coming?

Ask Sling

1 Like

I talked to Sling on the phone today. I asked about TVE support and the phone rep "claimed" that they offered TVE service on all their channels. Obviously, she didn't have a clue what has been discussed on this forum. The fact is, it seems Sling has "very" poor support for TV Everywhere Service with no contracts in place for most of their channels. Since I use Channels DVR, this is a non-starter for me; and I will not be using Sling.

I think this may belong here, sorry. If so, mods please move original post. Thanks!

1 Like

I was getting all my Sling Blue channels in Channels...until last Friday. It has reverted to the very short list in the very first post in this thread.

Very frustrating. I am now looking for a new provider.

Just signed up for channels because it stated it would work with slingTV. when I try to add the slingTV through TVeverywhere, I receive exec: "google-chrome": executable file not found in $PATH tried both in chrome and in firefox. What do I need to do to fix this?

You would need to install the chromium freebsd package

pkg update

then

pkg install chromium

resolved the issue

I was mulling over the same issue -- the lack of TVE support from the various Turner networks (CNN, TNT, TBS) and several other cable groups...

And then I realized, even if I can't record those channels via Channels DVR like I do most of my content, I can now still record the non TVE-ones via the relatively new 10 hours free DVR on paid Sling. And still watch that cloud DVR content via the Sling app.

Not quite as good as having everything locally recorded by Channels DVR and available within same, like I can with the regular TVE channels that Sling has. But better than the old days when Sling charged an extra $5 a month in order to provide any cloud DVR service.

The Happy Hour special promo, even for those who already have had it such as myself, is ending today or tomorrow AFAIK... Sling has been advertising that coming end a lot, and trying to get folks to switch to paid regular subscriptions with a 7-day initial free trial. Re HH, it was great while it lasted!

I checked the selection for locals via TVE, however in sling it does not show FOX local. If I go to https://www.fox.com/live/channel/KDFW/ and log in with my sling credentials the local FOX channel streams fine. Sling TVE only lists NBC local. Can FOX be added? For some reason FOX is listed in the Philo list which doesn't work.

1 Like

Anyone else having ESPN troubles? I used to have access to connect to the ESPN channels via TVE with my Sling credentials but they’re now not working. I’ve rescanned channels from the DVR management web page and now the ESPNs aren’t showing up any longer.

It's back again. Transient issue I guess.

Can anyone confirm that Sling's stream limits apply to TVE streams as well (specifically ESPN channels)?