Provider - Spectrum

It will be of use to you when the Prime tuners are not available. Tv everywhere is unlimited

A bunch of my channels are showing the error "authz retries failed".
Logging into the websites work just fine.

I have been trying individual channel rescans for the past week or so but no luck. Error log is the following:
"2019/08/23 10:29:39 action=authz_retry err=notAuthorized: We're sorry, something didn't work quite right. Please try again."

Has anyone using their Spectrum login been able to get NBATV authenticated and working? All I have ever gotten is the error "preauth: notAuthorized" but if I use my same credentials on the website or AppleTV4k app it works fine.

TIA

Works for me. Hadn't even checked till i read your post. Opened up a steam and it is working fine.

Spectrum login was giving me challenges early, but once i was able to get the channels authorized i have had zero issues.

Good luck

1 Like

Thanks for the confirmation! I'll keep trying to authorize though I haven't had any luck thus far. I have tried at all sorts of random times over the last month or so.

I had the TV Everywhere source working, with some quirks, then it suddenly stopped working altogether. I tried restarting the service, rebooting the server, and reinstalling Channels. Same results every time now. When I attempt to add a source using my Spectrum credentials, I get an error dialog with "chrome auth_timed_out", and an image containing a screenshot of the Spectrum logon dialog containing an error message: We're sorry. Something didn't work quite right. Please try again later. ELI-9000

I also tried this with Edge with the same results (including the chrome auth_timed_out message...)

The try again later message is coming from Spectrum. Too many attempts can lock your account and you have to wait and try again after some time.

I tried another experiment, which was to intentionally provide bogus credentials, and the result was an appropriate "doesn't match our records" type of message, with an error code of ELI-1010.

When I tried my credentials it this morning, it worked! Maybe there was an actual issue on the Spectrum side, who knows...

I have more questions, but I'll start new threads for them.

Thanks for your attention!

-Jay

I have the same situation as Jay343, I removed the TVE login, tried to recreate it and get the same login error. Tried in chrome and IE. I can log into spectrum tv on the web fine and my Ipad Spectrum TV works fine also. Do you know whats up?

Are you able to login to nbc.com/live and watch tv?

There is an outage according to the Spectrum support: HBO, Showtime, and other "Premiums"

I am having the same issues as the others with the ELI-9000 error, and no I am not able to login when using the nbc.com/live -> Link TV provider.

Same error.

Hopefully Spectrum will fix their issue soon.

1 Like

None of them are working for me right now. Last night, I was able to use HBO Go, but it forced me to create a new profile. It worked, but now I'm not sure if I have an extra profile or not...

TMM1, thanks I tried the link and i did get the same error, my problem could be related to the outage...

Nothing works for me on the Apple TV. Every channel says tuner not available. Works fine on my Fire TVs Apple TV won’t even load the tve channels. I think it’s the Channel Apple apps issue.

Still having the same issue with most TVE channels. I contacted Spectrum's tech support via Twitter, and according to them, this is a new TVE issue that is related to Hawaii. There are a couple of engineering department support ticket numbers: SVINT-1645 and SVINT-1654.

1 Like

Per Spectrum/Brighthouse. Central Florida

It appears Nat Geo is part of the trend. There are reports that some of the channel's websites are not functioning properly and that it is also affecting other service providers as well. Everything on your account is good its the website that is having issues. Our engineers are aware this issue and they are communicating with Nat geo and the other websites to see when they will have it fixed so give it some time and you will have access to it. You should have access to Nat geo on the watch.spectrum.net website even away from home and also the on demand on our website to watch specific shows in the mean time.

Got through to yet another department in Spectrum. This time it was the "bulk support team", which apparently supports customers who are part of a building agreement (my condo homeowners association handles cable and internet). This time the support person reported that there is a fix that will be implemented on 8/21/19, and that they will check with me on the 22nd to see if it's fixed for me. Nice!

1 Like

What island are you on in Hawaii? I’m in HI also and I work for a company that contracts with Spectrum.

Oahu.

Cool. I’m on the Big Island. Maybe I’ll check with some of my contacts to see if I can glean any further info on this. I use DirecTV and only have Spectrum internet so I don’t use them for TVE.

1 Like