Provider - Spectrum

Getting an error when trying to initially add TV Everywhere via Spectrum login, been getting it since I first tried a few days ago. It would appear the login screen is timing out before the credentials get entered, anyone else have this problem or a solution?

EDIT: FWIW, the issue was related to using Windows 7. Had to add TVE on a Windows 10 PC, backup, and restore on the Windows 7 PC. Still can't log into TVE or rescan channels on the Windows 7 PC, but works fine otherwise.

2019/12/02 19:36:43 [TVE] action=request type=Document method=POST url=https://tve.spectrum.net/openam/SSOPOST/metaAlias/charter/idp
2019/12/02 19:36:43 [TVE] action=auth_domain domain=tve.spectrum.net
2019/12/02 19:36:55 [TVE] action=wait_for_page err=timeout
2019/12/02 19:36:55 [TVE] action=fill_form u=[my username that's also my email I didn't want to post]
2019/12/02 19:36:55 [TVE] action=screenshot
2019/12/02 19:37:00 [TVE] action=screenshot size=4256
2019/12/02 19:37:00 [TVE] action=script_error err=&runtime.ExceptionDetails{ExceptionID:1, Text:"Uncaught", LineNumber:5, ColumnNumber:5, ScriptID:"13", URL:"", StackTrace:(*runtime.StackTrace)(0xc00006be40), Exception:(*runtime.RemoteObject)(0xc0009dc510), ExecutionContextID:0} exp=&runtime.RemoteObject{Type:"string", Subtype:"", ClassName:"", Value:easyjson.RawMessage{0x22, 0x6e, 0x6f, 0x20, 0x6c, 0x6f, 0x67, 0x69, 0x6e, 0x20, 0x66, 0x6f, 0x72, 0x6d, 0x20, 0x66, 0x6f, 0x75, 0x6e, 0x64, 0x22}, UnserializableValue:"", Description:"", ObjectID:"", Preview:(*runtime.ObjectPreview)(nil), CustomPreview:(*runtime.CustomPreview)(nil)} exp_value="no login form found"
2019/12/02 19:37:00 [TVE] Auth failed for Spectrum: encountered exception 'Uncaught' (5:5)

Email [email protected] with the full logs, a screenshot of the error shown, and details about where you are running your DVR.

I'm using spectrum essentials. Was hoping it would carry more locals. For now I'm using locast to get locals but might buy a hdhomerunner if locast starts getting annoying with wanting money. 5 a month for locals is too much. I already have an antenna.

Good to know Essentials gives you TVE access. Choice charges a $6 Broadcast fee, but you still need a Hdhomerun for most locals with TVE. Did you try signing into NBC, FOX with your Spectrum account?

2 Likes

Nat Geographic is available again for now. You will need to rescan

1 Like

New User Perspective with Spectrum "Select Triple Play".

I don't use voice but they gave me 400/20 ISP and 125 Channels for $119/month all taxes included ($99 without taxes and fees). Surprisingly, I get authorized for 118 which is all but the network channels which I get on HDHomeRun anyway. Even CNN gives me authorization which it refused on YouTube.tv.

Watched Star Trek Beyond (2016) as my first test. It took comskip an hour:

2019/12/29 17:30:10 [DVR] Running commercial detection on file 43 (Movies/Star Trek Beyond (2016) 2019-12-29-1500.mpg)
2019/12/29 18:28:29 [DVR] Commercial detection finished with 18 markers.

I was able to start watching and commercial auto-skipping was done and took over about half-hour into the show. I've changed the com skip.ini to use two cores to see how that improves time according to this thread:
Low processor usage

Spectrum mp4 is a little soft and some motion judder which could be my Sony television attempting to smooth but otherwise it's pretty good. I will still watch movies in 4k on AppleTV but this is great for getting my regional sports.

Good job putting it all together in with a great UI! (I appreciate little things like the dot showing me the current time in the guide.)

1 Like

Yeah when you bundle Spectrum, it winds up being cheaper. Did you opt for the cable box or Apple TV? I chose the Apple TV.

The webpage insisted on one or the other. I don't want their box and I already have an appletv on every television. I used the "web assistant" and the dude wrote me up for no boxes. I'm going to wait a few weeks then contact them again to nicely plead with them to drop the voice so I don't have to pay the extra fees for that service.

Don't do that. Whenever you make a change to your service, packages, or billing, Spectrum removes any promotional rates you had. And, since you'll no longer be a "new" subscriber, your options are quite limited.

(I ran into this when I reduced my cable package earlier this year. When they changed that, they removed the promotional pricing for the 400Mbps internet, and would not add it back at that previous rate. Spectrum is good in that you aren't locked into 1-3yr contracts like most other providers, but removing all promotional rates upon service change is the trade off.)

I guess it's depends on who you talk to. I switched from Silver to Choice and kept my $20 off internet.

Perhaps it was because I was dropping a bundled service, since that has to go through retention and not billing.

In any case, make sure you get confirmation of rates before you make changes.

Here is the TVE Availability for Spectrum TV Stream (Not Select Package) with Sport/News addon

I know for Sure Spectrum has MSNBC/SYFY Aand The Tennis Channel. What package are you basing this off of

This is the TV Stream not the Select Package. Select Package requires cable box. TV Stream needs no cable box. Therefore SyFy is not available for TV Stream. Also the Sports/News addon package is required for the ESPN channels and a few news channels including the Weather Channel. This is for B'Ham market and may be different in other markets but this gives some idea whats available for Cord cutting.

Looks like you are getting regional sports with the Sports add-on. Is that true? I thought it was just FS1

These I can get on Channels DVR but not with the Spectrum App. I don't know if its a glitch or what but they work.

I got 118 channels on the DVR but only about half that on the spectrum app due to location and the fact I wasn't on a spectrum IP address. Because Channels DVR logs in directly to each channel the location and IP is mostly ignored.

Just for grins I VPN'd my spectrum app to my spectrum LAN and it immediately warned a VPN is not supported and wouldn't show anything.

It's good for me to watch my regional sports away from home with channels and I hope this doesn't get changed by the providers.

Getting 138 channels here in Sarasota, FL. Weirdly, the local ABC channel refuses to tune with error "unimplemented channel". Local NBC also has no guide data.

Anyone interested. Spectrum and OTA best option that I have found for Channels DVR. I returned back to Spectrum. But for the TV Streaming Option. If you are a spectrum internet subscriber this option should be available to you. I subscribed to the TV Streaming Select package with Sports add-on. This is about 10 bucks more than YTTV and 5 dollars more than HULU. The catch though is every channel is available on the Channels DVR TVE. So instead of having 4 or 5 Streaming accounts to get all channels, I now only have 1 with HD Home-run. Unfortunately Locals will not come in for TVE Locals with spectrum. So you can add the HD Home-run or you and use the Spectrum App to watch Locals Live. What Channels DVR don't have is watchable with their app. In some cases if you ask about it you can add cDVR for 5 bucks more. That option wasn't available for me. So dropping YTTV and HULU saves me 95 bucks. My Channels counts for DVR Channels is
HD Homerun (OTA) 53
Spectrum TV 156.

1 Like

Thanks for the information. I'm not a Spectrum subscriber but might be someday. Would you mind telling me if this option includes TCM?

1 Like