Provider - Xfinity

Yep, same here. Failed a recording because of it.
Fortunately we both have HDHR Primes as backups.

This finally worked thanks.

1 Like

Xfinity is broken for me. Was getting an error that asked to set cookie preferences. Updated from stable to pre-release and now getting just the auth screen (attached). I validated that I can login succesfully using viewer-only account to HGTV with same user/pass.

What pre-release version number are you using?

When you go to the HGTV website and authenticate with Xfinity, Xfinity blocks your login until you dismiss the cookie preferences, then it may ask you to reselect your account recovery Q&A's, add a recovery phone number and/or email before it goes back to the HGTV website.

Is any of that happening?

I just went through that right before I posted. Was running stable, now 2024.07.08.1557. From the same Windows 11 PC as CDVR is installed, logged into HGTV (because that's what showed failed w/ cookie issue) via Xfinity. Got the live stream up w/ Xfinity secondary view-only login. Went back to CDVR and added the source and got the updated screenshot fail w/o cookie.

Update: As I was typing this, I tried again and it is now added 129 channels, so back to normal. Maybe should have waited longer.

I own a couple of AirBnBs so have logins to Spectrum, Xfinity and recently YTTV. I'm used to having issues with Spectrum making me change passwords and am dumping them for Frontier/YTTV at one of the properties. I know that Spectrum and Xfinity share technology and would gladly dump Xfinity as well, but it's included in the building fees.

2 Likes

Within the past week Ive had increasing issues with stations available on my Xfinity package. After trying to change both my primary and sub accounts on Xfinity's website, I am getting the following error - [TVE] Auth failed for Comcast_SSO: Wrong password. Please update your password and try again.

I know the password for the accounts I am using work as I am able to login to my Xfinity account using these same accounts. Does anyone have any insight on what might be going on here?

Thanks...

1. Update to the latest pre-release version of Channels DVR.
  2. Run Support > Troubleshooting from the Channels DVR web admin UI.
  3. Select Update Password for your Xfinity TVE source and enter your current password.

Then rescan your channel or channels in error.

Best to use a Xfinity viewer only role account for Channels DVR TVE
https://community.getchannels.com/t/tve-troubleshooting-tips/30965

I'm running v2024.05.07.1442 - just went to the download page again then tried running install. I had the previous server uninstalled and then reinstalled. Still getting this error when trying to add Xfinity.

You have to select to update to the pre-release version. I don't know why they continue to hide that in a dropdown. :man_shrugging:
https://community.getchannels.com/t/pre-release-access-for-dvr-subscribers/33035#updating-to-prerelease-11

2 Likes

You can just click and hold on the "Check for Update" to get the pre-release as well.

1 Like

Or <SHIFT> click on "Check for Update"

I'm giving up on TVE with Channels. Have moved my scheduled recordings to other sources, including HDHR Prime.

I delete the ChromeData and run a full scan every morning of TVE that way it drops Channels that won't authorize, and the Primes take over for any recordings that would normally record from TVE. OliveTin tells me of any Channel Drops so I can Investigate them.

1 Like

Things have changed recently for secondary viewer only accounts.

There appears to be no way to bypass 2fa now.

No problem here and I authorize every morning.... maybe that will change so my scan will drop the channels if it does happen.

Just found that tonight trying NBC, CBS and TBS.
But this (Xfinity) is really off-topic for this Thread, so moved the posts.

2 Likes

Houston we have a problem maybe... they all work but TNTP that could be a different error nothing to do with 2 factor authorization as it authorized.

2 Likes

TNTP just started working everything is ok on my end ...TBS is OK.

2024/07/19 19:18:27.774121 [TNR] Opened connection to TVE-Comcast_SSO for ch6034 TBSP
2024/07/19 19:18:27.774235 [HLS] Starting live stream for channel 6034 from 192.168.50.186 (bitrate=6460kbps)
2024/07/19 19:18:28.745460 [HLS] Session ch6034-dANY-ip192.168.50.186 started in 971.070239ms
2024/07/19 19:18:28.823688 [HLS] Probed live stream in 1.048761574s: h264 1280x720 progressive 5031643bps
2024/07/19 19:18:30.704791 [HLS] Stopping transcoder session ch6034-dANY-ip192.168.50.186 (out=0s finished=false first_seq=1 last_seq=4)
2024/07/19 19:18:30.732363 [TNR] Closed connection to TVE-Comcast_SSO for ch6034 TBSP
2024/07/19 19:18:30.732692 [SNR] Buffer statistics for ch6034 TBSP: buf=0% drop=0%
2024/07/19 19:18:30.732868 [SNR] Streaming statistics for ch6034 TBSP: timeouts=0 segment_timeouts=0 playlist_timeouts=0

Not here, and I'm not willing to jump through hoops anymore by changing the Xfinity username and password. I'm done with TVE. Tired of Interrupted recordings and unable to auth isues.

That frees up one of my 6 DVR Servers for some other source.

When Xfinity stops supporting my cablecard HDHR Prime, I'm cancelling and moving on.

Queue rpaulmerrell to tell everyone what he does in case they don't have a clue.

Maybe order some more cablecards and buy some additional HDHR Primes. I've been taking advantage of the free cablecards by ordering 6 total for my HDHR Primes. The Primes are fairly cheap on eBay and I've spent about $30 each on average over the past year and very recently.

Having 18 cablecard tuners with Channels DVR is awesome. We never have to worry about conflicts, and can always record a little or a lot of extra time after recordings without the extra time taking up needed tuners.