Provider - YouTube TV

How to download this version for macos? still says 2021.08.12.0054 is the latest

See Channels Support - Channels DVR Server Pre-Release

1 Like

Channels Pre-Release

2 Likes

Thank you both! it actually works with the new version! That means I don't have to use the docker version anymore and that means I can also access remotely :slight_smile: Yay

2 Likes

It let me add as well! Yay!!! I’ll scan the channels and test and let you know how everything works.

Thank you!!!

This fix was made possible by berstend who is accepting coffee donations. You can express your appreciation there, and say thanks from the Channels community!

6 Likes

yes

Yup worked fine first time around. Woo hoo!

1 Like

I'm now able to log in to YTTV with the update. Woo hoo!

2 Likes

I've been a die-hard TiVo owner since the very first Tivo in 1999 and have owned dozens of different TiVos over the years. I never, ever thought I'd give up TiVo. I've been worried about the impending doom of CableCards, too.

But I recently dumped CableVision/Optimum Cable+ 200Mbps internet for a 1Gbps fiber internet-only connection and set up AppleTV+Channels DVR with Hulu+LiveTV+Philo+HBO and could not be happier about the switch. Hulu+LiveTV is a good alternative for YTTV. The wife is also quickly adjusting. I never thought I'd give up the Tivo and the peanut remote, but even after just a week, I really don't miss it or TiVo. Sure, there are some things I'd like to change about the Channels app, but I'll live. Just happy to finally dump the Cablevision/Optimum monopoly. This is the future.

4 Likes

I was able to add YTTV as well.

1 Like

I've downloaded the latest pre-release version and I'm getting this error even after holding the sign in button for one second.

chrome failed to start: ln: ‘/root/channels-dvr/data/chromedp-chroot/headless-shell/swiftshader/.’: cannot overwrite directory

I rebooted the server and there is now no longer a channels-dvr directory. There was before.

Sounds like you need to apt install chromium-browser or equivalent for your version of Linux.

I'm not sure why the directory would disappear, unless the filesystem got corrupted somehow.

Worked for me too! Between this fix and finding a workaround here for the T-mobile ISP/remote viewing issue, I am one happy camper. What an awesome community!

1 Like

Reinstall dvr and installing chromium worked. Thanks!

1 Like

When I try to scan Big Ten Network I get a response "platform response: 400 Bad Request"

I have verified that I can access the channel using my Youtube TV login at Watch BTN Live | Stream Games & Shows on BTN | FOX Sports

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Provider - Hulu Live TV

Has anyone else noticed that previously blocked TVE channels are suddenly available? I’ve been able to record shows on TNT and Nickelodeon over the past week.

IIRC, it was mentioned somewhere in the Forum that the Turner channels were added earlier this year.
Channels DVR YTTV channels

Should this be working with a Raspberry Pi deployment as well? Running version 2021.10.29.2303 and getting a login error message still. OS version 2021.1012.2129. I have logged into NBC Live with my YTTV account and it is working fine on the NBC site.