Provider - YouTube TV

Nope, haven’t gone through that yet, still using the primary account. If this becomes an issue I’ll give it a try.

Seems like 2fa is wreaking havoc for a lot of us with the tve providers.

So Hulu live, and DirecTV now, those seem to be the 2 that haven't done anything 2fa yet?

I have FuboTV and don't have any 2FA with it.

I just signed up for the trial since I will be moving soon and might give up xfinity and it did not ask me for 2 factor authorization.

Started seeing this today. Can't say I've seen a partial error before. Anyone else having this problem?

Ran into a security problem yesterday authenticating TCM via YTTV on Channels. Got failure indicating Cable provider authentication failed.

A few minutes ago I attempted to watch TCM live on Channels and it too failed, similar message. Then I rescanned TCM in Channels and that too failed.

This is all using my non-recoverable Google account which is dedicated to Channels authentication for YTTV.

Then I opened Chrome to manage my non recoverable Google account and saw a couple security alerts from yesterday and this morning warning that a device tried to access my account with a password. The access was blocked by Google. Strange to me because that implies that password access alone will raise a security alert, even though it's a non-recoverable account. I responded to each security alert with verification that it was okay.

Next I turned on 'Less secure app access' for my account. Hope that takes care of future alerts.

After all this, I rescanned TCM in Channels successfully. I am now able to watch TCM live with Channels.

Hope this helps someone in a similar situation.

Thanks,
Mark

Failure to record off TCM:

This is the current state of one of the security alerts; I believe 'Recognized' is there because I verified the sign on. Unfortunately I didn't think to capture the original security alert:

Turned on less secure app access:

3 Likes

Just tried to add youtubetv since I just got the notice ... my phone is going crazy with confirmation prompts.

Are you using a non-recoverable Google account (ie, no recovery email or phone)?

Wait - I think I know the answer. Hah-hah! :grinning:

It appears that you can turn it off ....

Yes, you can. But I don't know how long we'll have that option since it flies in the face of mandatory 2FA for recoverable accounts.

That's why I'm using a non-recoverable account. Though even that raised security alerts; see my posting earlier today.

I was told by YouTube (email) on the 14th that 2FA will be enabled. I do have another account that I feel should be setup without the 2FA by removing phone and e-mail to it. I hope it works. Otherwise I will have to go with someone else.

Using a non-recoverable Google account dedicated to YTTV authorization for Channels has worked for me so far. See my post from yesterday about some security alerts and how I handled them. No guarantees of course.

I don't recommend turning off 2FA or the other security measures I've taken for your main Google account. I don't see a big security risk with an account only used for YTTV authorization.

I made that same setting change on my non main account. Wish there was a better way to say. If authenticating via tv software only allow access to Youtube TV. For everything else require 2FA. But again youtube doesn't create or use Channels DVR either sniff sniff.

Anyone having issues with cbs?

Yeah, I just recently starting getting that error with CBS.

Hated to have to resort to it, but canceled YTTV, no matter how I set up an account, it would not let me log in. I use a docker with Unraid and it keeps saying that the machine isn't recognized and wants to send a text. Switching to Hulu Live...ugghh.

I tired it before, and unfortunately app specific passwords didn't work for me. It gives me an error: "Try again with your Google Account password."

Yes, just started getting the CBS error.

Me too. CBS is giving me a 400 Bad Request error in the log. Went over to se if it worked on https://www.cbs.com/live-tv/stream/tveverywhere/ .

When I tried to login at cbs with YTTV as the provider I get:

Perhaps this is a temporary thing???

I'm getting the same error and get the same message when I log into CBS with YTTV as provider