Provider - YouTube TV

I updated to 2022.07.06.1622 and it worked, I was able to access all the Discovery channels (using YTTV) again.

I'm curious on the fix. Seems there was no solution when I posted my issue a few days ago.

1 Like

This worked for me too! Thanks!

1 Like

Like a lot of users I had trouble adding YouTube TV, it kept erroring on NBC. I created a new Gmail account with only the minimal required entries, linked it to my family group, and was able to add YouTube TV to TVE with only one minor issue. All channels were added except PBS, which is in my plan and is available if I go to the the YouTube TV website.

So any suggestions on how to add the local PBS stations?

PBS is not available via TVE

OK I will ask, why is PBS not available?

The streams were changed in a way to make them incompatible

I am not the user who did this, but when I looked into it, I find that in my Google Account's Security settings page, I can turn on "Use your phone to sign in". The process of doing this does require entering a recovery phone number, which may lead to Google forcing 2FA on the account, so I did not proceed past that point for testing.

Pretty sure you can't get notifications on a phone without supplying a phone number.

Yeah, I'm still confused how the OP got notifications. Don't want phone or email recovery options for account (from day one of the account). At least that's what has worked/works for me and, from what I've seen in this topic, everyone else.

So what's actually the current state of this ? When adding YTTV it gets a captcha for NBC every time which I can't complete. Don't know if that's because it's a screenshot/image or if there's something amiss with the HTML. I'm on the latest pre-prod release.

Captcha is shown only when using VPN or if it's a new account you haven't used with the official sites/apps yet.

Not sure that's the case here. Here's what I've done...

• Create YouTube TV account
  • Create new account and added it to family sharing
  • Logged into YouTube TV with the new account
  • Logged on to nbc.com/live with that account
  • Disabled PiHole to make sure there's nothing getting blocked
  • Attempted to add YTTV as a TVE provider

I'm not using a VPN and I don't think there's anything else in the chain that would be mangling requests.

Browsing directly to the https://sp.auth.adobe.com/adobe-services/authenticate/saml... link for the NBC logon as listed in the logs doesn't require a captcha. Not sure quite where to go next.

Did you create a secondary account attached as a family account and then make it so it doesn't use 2fa and enabled some sort of old setting to allow non secured connection for old way of connecting. Forgive me it has been a while since i have used Youtube due to all the account security they added. If you have one that requires you to use 2fa you will have problems logging into channels dvr end of story. For a year and half now they have been migrating people over to the 2fa and forcing your account to start using it. I am not sure if they were totally finished with doing that or not. But that is the main reason I moved on to another service like hulu live.

Yeah. Doesn't use MFA.

I'm not against Hulu Live. I'm coming from DirecTV Stream and Hulu's picture quality isn't so good in comparison. Figured I'd give YTTV a shot and see if it's any better. Ditto Fubo.

Problem solved... troubleshooting page showed Chrome was out of date. Updated it, all is good again.

HAHA or that. Gotta love Chrome!

I think I have followed all the steps, but I am still tripping up over the NBC login.

I created a new email address without 2FA or any recovery email or phone number applied. I added this to my family sharing for YouTube TV. I used the new email address to log in to NBC and create a profile.

Yet, when I try to set YTTV as a source, I get this error message.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Go to nbc.com/live first and login with the new account

1 Like

Thanks. But I did that. I repeated the login at NBC and tried again, and I get the same failure message.

I had signed in to NBC using my Google credentials. I went back and created a user profile using my shared email, and then logged in to NBC using that. Then I went back to Channels and tried to add the source and got this:

I'm using Safari, but I also tried using Chrome, and I got the same result multiple times.

Update your dvr to prerelease

1 Like