Provider - YouTube TV

Was fixed in prerelease

When you say prerelease, are you saying iOS only? Because I just updated to the latest beta on my Nvidia Shield and still getting the same message.

Prerelease refers to DVR server software

NFL Network ,Not working again . Get this error see picture . Using Version

Provider YouTube tv

NFL Network is not working again with Spectrum TVE as well.

I had TV Everywhere working in a Channels server install on my main Mac, but decided to move things to an older machine using the migration instructions I found in a support article. After the migration, I was getting guide data, but TV channels wouldn’t load when I selected them in the guide, and the log indicated a problem with my TV Everywhere login. So I removed TV Everywhere as a source and re-added it, but now get the dreaded “Cable provider authenticaton failed” when it tries to log me in to NBC. I’m using the same credentials I used on the prior Mac — a Google account without 2FA authentication, and I’m logging into the NBC site first. I've tried rebooting, but that didn't fix it. I’m pulling my hair out right now and getting really PO’d at NBC for gumming up the whole thing. Any other thoughts? I wish I could just bypass the NBC authentication since we can't get their channels via TV Everywhere anyway.

UPDATE: I get all green checkmarks when I do Support>Troubleshooting, but still no luck.

Is this still an issue? Got YTTV today and after following the guide still getting this authentication message.... using secondary family account and 2 factor authentication turned off also can access and view NBC page.

NBC is not available via TVE.

That's the error thrown when trying to just authenticate TV Everywhere. There's no option to have it bypass the NBC authentication, unfortunately. I wish there were, since NBC isn't available. I've been getting the same error when moving my install to a new Mac, when I had it working on a previous Mac.

Captcha can occur if using a VPN

NBC auth is not an issue. If it skipped NBC the same error would occur on the next channel.

Ok thanks. I don't use any VPN.

I’m not using a VPN either, and getting the same error.

Two Factor?

I’m using an account without two-factor, and I’m signing into nbc.com/live in another browser tab first, as others have suggested.

Will anyone look into this? I have also tried app password with 2 step verification on. Is there no way to allow for the authentication box below to be interactive?

1 Like

I have the same issue. I'm a recent subscriber to Channels DVR, but long time subscriber of YTTV. I've tried all the suggestions and I'm running Version 2023.04.20.0310 of the server on my mac. I have yet to add YouTubeTV as a source. I try every few days. I even set up a profile with NBC (which I didn't really want to do)... but that didn't vhange anything either. Not running a VPN and I get the captcha.

1 Like

This happened to me recently, too. Completely deleting the account I was using to login to YTTV with and recreating it with no phone number or anything worked for me. Of course, only do this if it's an account you only use for YTTV in Channels. :stuck_out_tongue:

How about creating a family account and signing in with that!

1 Like

I gave up on YTTV but thanks to all for your help. Got Xfinity and it worked first attempt.

I moved my server to a new Mac, at first everything worked through the migration process. A week ago everything stopped. I deleted the YTV TVE entry to reinstall it. I now have the same issue.

So far I've:

• Ensured 2FA is off

• Tried logging in through a family account

• Logged into NBC prior to trying to link channels

Anything else to fix this?