Qnap Firmware V4.5.1

Have the same issue here.

I also put in a ticket. Got a response that they didn’t support third party apps and they recommended that I reach out to channels for support. Of course I responded why is there still a choice to select third party apps if they don’t support it.

From here: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/90965-unsigned-app-error/&tab=comments#comment-937238

I can now confirm that going into Qboost and clicking on the 3 dots under Top 5 applications by memory usage, finding emby and clicking start changes emby to always enabled.

1 Like

I had not accessed the Qboost Application Managment system before. Yes, I can see that GetChannels is working and always enabled. There is also a stop option there. However, this workaround is not my preference.

I only run one app from the QNAPClub, but might this be an option - for us to load GetChannels from QNAPClub. I don't know anything about the Club, but QNAP seems to support it. I am currently running my Ubiquiti Unifi controller from the app in the QNAPClub and with the new QNAP operating version do not have any issues.

I just reverted my Firmware until it's all sorted, it all works again..... rubbish though

Same issue here, though I think we need to ask Channels about getting the dvr into the package store on the various platforms with a digital signature

I'm not getting anywhere with QNAP support other than back and forth - asking me to get in touch with channels to see if they have anything in the app store, etc.... all along I'm asking them why even have the third party app option if they don't support it anyway. Thanks for the work around info which I checked out however I just went ahead and reverted back to the previous firmware version.

Support told me to revert firmware but it sounds like they aren't budging on this "feature". The Tech recommended i move the offending apps to Docker.

Would performance take a hit if I moved Channels to Docker? Would it still have hardware transcoding?

I'll have to see if I can find an article on moving Channels on a qnap.

Although I dont disagree with finger-pointing at QNAP for this issue.... wouldnt adding a digital signature to the the DVR program be better for all QNAP users?
If we revert our firmware, or stop installing new ones we are also missing out on security updates and new features.

Our package is already signed. v4.5.1 requires a new type of signature which only QNAP can provide. We have reached out to them several times but they don't seem interested in helping, and have taken a very strange new stance on third-party packages.

1 Like

Thanks tmm1, that is disappointing, but good to know you are doing what you can.

Thanks for working on this. I do not know much about them, but there is this group (QNAPClub - https://www.qnapclub.eu/en) that QNAP seems to "recognize." They are third party apps and the two apps I used from the QNAPClub do not have this issue.

1 Like

Yes QNAP support referred us to QNAPclub. We have reached out to them to see if they can help us sign our packages.

1 Like

4.5.1.1465 Build 20201024) is now available for download.

Under "Fixed"
After a system update to QTS 4.5.1, users could not run applications that lacked digital signatures

2 Likes

I installed the new build. The new QNAP firmware does remove the issue about just having a "Remove" option for the Channels DVR app. The App now has the normal - Open tab, with the option to Stop or Remove the app. However, it still has the orange triangle with the exclamation symbol indicating that it does not have a digital signature. As a note, through all three firmware 4.5.1 firmware updates my DVR has continued to work without any issues.

2 Likes

Thanks for being a guinea pig. I'll update mine now. :wink:

A Workaround about the digital signature issue was discussed in the QNAP section of this forum some time ago

enable 3rd party apps if you haven't already
open qboost and open up the list of apps (3 dots)
manually start the channels dvr app

has worked great for over a week for me. I anticipate that I will need to do this every time the NAS is restarted.

As for me, I will no longer update the firmware immediately. I plan on waiting a couple of days , then checking the QNAP forums

I believe that both QNAP and Synology are focusing on enterprise and not very interested in 3rd party consumer app support

Re-Confirmed that latest update i posted above does restore the original functionality. With an added warning symbol i have no issue living with. I have almost a dozen home baked apps so Qnap better ease up in the future.

2 Likes

I re-updated firmware, and although you can stop and start it as normal through the app centre again it now constantly gets stopped by the NAS after a minute or so with the following message:

Error 2020-11-02 14:11:56 System 127.0.0.1 App Center App Installation [App Center] Channels DVR has an invalid digital signature. The app has stopped and cannot be installed on QTS. You can remove it in the App Center.

So am reverting my firmware yet again ...

I found this check box wasnt ticked so hope that resolves my issue without having to revert firmware again ...

2 Likes