Smithsonian Channel Missing from TVE on YTTV

I believe that the Smithsonian Channel is a TVE channel for YTTV. However, it does not appear in my list of channels with YTTV source. Even after editing my list to view all the possible channels, it does not appear anywhere on the list.

If possible, please make this channel available in TVE source so that I may view this channel via ChannelsDVR. If it is not possible, please let me know why it is not possible.

Thank you kindly

Unless you know something we don't, Smithsonian Channel does not have a live stream on their website.

Available ViacomCBS—Smithsonian Channel's parent—networks available in Channels with TVE credentials are:

• Comedy Central
  • MTV
  • VH-1
  • CMT
  • BET
  • TV Land
  • Paramount
  • Logo
  • Nick Jr.

The Channel does not have a live stream. Only Video on Demand.

1 Like

I actually contacted their support to request they add a live stream. They didn’t really seem to understand what I was asking for. So, I wouldn’t get your hopes up, sadly.

This is what I have from YouTube TV Everywhere list:
Https://www.smithsoniandchannel.com/full-episodes

Hope this helps.

Oops...correcting link

This is what I have from YouTube TV Everywhere list:
Https://www.smithsonionchannel.com/full-episodes

Those are video-on-demand (VOD) listings of already aired programming. Channels does not support that content.

Channels only supports live streams of linear programming (ie, as if you were watching live on TV, not selectively choosing completed programs).

I would like to re-visit this subject! Perhaps things have changed in the nearly 3 years this topic was last discussed but it's pretty clear to me that the Smithsonian channel does indeed provide linear programming. Right now I have TVE access to Fubo, Hulu Live and Philo. All 3 of them have a channel
for Smithsonian in the Live guides along with all the other channels they provide. The same show is playing live on all 3 of the provider apps have opened right now on my computer. And the guide on each of the 3 apps shows the same upcoming shows at the same times for the rest of the day.

Perhaps I'm missing something but I would indeed like to record the Smithsonian channel at times to catch upcoming shows, so please check the current status of Smithsonian for linear programming.

There is no linear stream on https://www.smithsonianchannel.com/

1 Like

You can get "Smithsonian Channel Selects" via Pluto free channels.
However, this is not the same channel as the cabletv provided Smithsonian Channel.

Ok, I think I'm understanding the problem a bit better now. I thought initially that as long as a live feed was provided via cable providers or streaming services, then a "linear" channel was available for TVE access.
I think I'm learning that the live channel must be available for log-in on the providers website by authenticating with a paid subscription. Then TVE is able to use that stream and supply to ChannelsDVR.

The US Smithsonian Channel is not a TVE channel, but it is on Dish Network channel 367 full time. The EPG and XMLTV information is available on Schedules Direct and Gracenote. Please add the EPG info to Channels DVR so that it is part of the Guide because the channel can be grabbed through a HDMI encoder. Thanks ...

1 Like

It’s already there

Smithsonian HD Network","callSign":"SMTHHD","stationId":"58532","bcastLangs":["en"],"preferredImage":{"uri":"https://tmsimg.fancybits.co/assets/s58532_ll_h15_aa.png?

Thanks Rice,
Then I must be doing something wrong when I tried to create a Custom Channel at 9001. How do I make sure the EPG information gets into the Guide? The guide is just displaying SMTHHD@ HH:AM/PM for all the shows.

With station id it should grab it.
Can you show a screenshot of your 9001 custom channel

It's just a blank box when I click on the program information

How a screenshot of this

Did you try to link assign it through sources> manage lineup> pencil > search for smthhd

I don't understand your question ... BTW I can watch the program and record it from the encoder - just no EPG information. I'm guessing that Channels is not getting the information from Gracenote.

I couldn't find SMTHHD on the lineups