Spectrum Authorization

I have Spectrum (West coast) as a service and wasn't getting the TLC channel...it was throwing the same authentication error. The latest pre-releases (8/5 and 8/6) seem to enable a rescan on the missing channel for Spectrum, but it's now picking up the east coast guide data rather than the west coast guide data. All the other channels are detected with TVE as west coast... so how do I fix this singular channel? Any help is appreciated.

I just tried a clean install on a freshly installed Linux PC and got the same 76 channels from Spectrum. I tried rescanning one at a time with no success. I have another PC running TruNas as a server with all the latest updates and Spectrum authorizes 100 channels vs 76. I don't understand why that makes a difference.

I notice that the Directv channels tune in 1-2 seconds vs the Spectrum channels which take 3-5 seconds or sometimes more.

@Rice what do you think is a reasonable amount of time to wait. Yesterday I waited 24 hours between rescans and still got the same "bot" error.

In the past 24 hours was sufficient as long as you went in and scanned each individual channel. Pick a single channel in the lineup and scan it. If it works scan a few more then do some more the next day. If you get another bot error I guess you could try changing your spectrum password and then updating it in channels but I have no idea if this will help.

I run my server on Linux and all the spectrum channels are authenticated after the latest prerelease.

The feed comes from the same network stream regardless of which provider you use. After the initial authorization the provider doesn’t do anything until the network cookie expires and then channels reruns the authorization again.

If you are having a long tune time it’s possible there is a fallback happening where you think it’s tuning to your spectrum source but in reality behind the scenes it’s failing and then it uses the DirecTV source for the channel. To verify what source is actually being used look at the stats from options while the stream is playing.

Thank you for your help. I am confused why one PC authenticates 100 Spectrum channels, another PC does 86 and another does 76? This whole issue with Spectrum is very frustrating.

Such is the state with Channels DVR TVE.
I once had one server that authed Xfinity and another server (on the same device) that couldn't.

Update: yesterday i was able to get my two NAS servers running CHDVR up to 103 channels on Spectrum, via setting up a new password on Spectrum and rescanning those channels that did not authenticate one at a time. I felt like things we finally coming together.

I still had my Directv account sctive so i decided to remove it from the sources and cancel the subscription. After that I had to reload the channels that had been limked to Directv and switch them to Spectrum. No such luck. The same group of Discovery channels that were authorized by Spectrum yesterday will not authorize today.

I now understand why cable providers like Spectrum are loosing millions of subscribers each year. I am going to try my best to get my wife to agree to drop Spectrum for Directv.

Getting the same error as everyone else. Currently running Channels DVR Version 2026.08.13.1753.Trying to add TVE using Spectrum Login.

2 Likes

Same here.

I waited 24 hours and was got it to work. Then I had to wait another 24 hours to be able to reauthorize the individual channels that were still blocked.

Lost all spectrum tve channels. Bot detection problem. I've been trying to get them back for 3 days now. I'm getting close to trying direct tv.

DirectTv works fine. No bots. I have the Entertainment Genre Package ($45 per mo) and pull in 86 channels. I keep trying Spectrum. Even changed my user id and pw and still can’t it to authorize the group of channels from Discovery.

My wife will never give up Spectrum until the set top DVR she uses fails. It’s 12 years old, so…

But at least we will have great commercial detection, even if we can’t record programs because TVE won’t work. We don’t watch or record anything on OTA channels.

1 Like

Thanks for the directv info. Strangest thing, I was on directv website, tried to sign up, they said my email was invalid, and after that, I couldn't load any directv website. I kept getting access denied. Then spectrum started working. I'm wondering if my spectrum Internet is behind that? I've never had any problems like this. I'll be switching to directv at the next problem...

Tonight I had a recording fail on the Discover Channel because it would not authenticate on DirecTv or Spectrum. I am tired of trying different methods to unlock the "secret code or sequence" needed to get them to work. I suppose the developers, @tmm1, @maddox, and @eric, have determined that keeping TVE functional is either not worth their time or is not doable. If this is the case, then please tell the community.

Certainly the cable providers are making changes to impact the TVE usability. It seems that daily at least one member of this forum complains about one of the TVE providers service is broken. In my opinion Channels DVR service is becoming unusable for the purpose I have enjoyed using for a number of years.

2 Likes

I tried waiting a few days and attempted to add Spectrum back in as a TVE provider and yet still get the failed login due to bot detection.

I use Spectrum (west coast) and I've continued to periodically check and rescan the TLC channel... and every once in a while it seems to register, but gets the wrong guide data (east coast). Checking the channels.m3u file, it has the wrong grace note id. Can someone explain why all my other Spectrum TVE channels have west coast channel call letters and guide data, but TLC has the generic call letters (east coast) and shifted guide data (also east coast).

Most of the time when scanning TLC (and several others in my Spectrum line-up) I've received the dreaded "adobe auth reg code: no login form found". Some channels still work fine...it's a handful of them that don't or are finicky. Is this a known problem and being addressed...the problem with TVE and Spectrum has persisted for weeks if not months? Any help is truly appreciated.

1 Like

This morning, after updating to the new pre-release, v2026.08.27.0359, I was able to load Spectrum with no bot errors. Prior to loading I restarted my NAS server to clear the cache. All the channels authenticated much faster than they had the past few weeks. Thanks for the help.

Does this package include USA network? I have been having a hard time getting that from spectrum.

USA is DRM so no TVE from any source.

Ok bummer, thanks!