Stirr for Channels

I just screwed everything up. When I saw there was an uodate for stirr docker, I deleted the docker & was going to add a new one. Once I ran the "docker run-d" i keep getting this error that port is already used & when i check the docker, there is a red box next to it & it's not running. I then deleted stirr from my source but was able to re add it back.
Can anyone help please because I tried changing port, probably did it the wrong way & still got nothing. @kanipek

Hi All4dom, I don't know what I am doing with docker but i had a similar problem, the command line shows port 8080 which is already in use for Pluto on my computer, I tried to change the ports as well but it didnt work, I figured I must be doing it wrong so then I went back to git hub under RobbieT480 read me file and copied this command line, docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --name stirr-for-channels -p 8181:80 robbiet480/stirr-for-channels
It switched the port and it's up and running.

1 Like

It worked @Jimmy64 thank you so much. When i did it the first time, the second command we run, it did setup to the port so I do t know why it didn't do it again. I was going friggin crazy trying to get everything fixed. I cant say thank you enough again. Thank you. Now I have to figure out how to correct the changes in my emby settings, because that's how I view live tv. I would love to see channels & envy merge as one, but that will never happen.

Thanks for making this available.

I loaded it and it seems to be running OK, but now Pluto for Docker has lost its Guide data and is just showing the channel names with no programs scheduled. I've had Pluto running from when it was first released and never had an issue until today.. I'm running with the defaults you had in github with a port of 8181 for Stirr. Pluto is on 8080.

I tried reloading the EPG data on both and still no Guide data on Pluto. Anyone else seen this or have an idea why its happening?

I have no issues with pluto. Even with the issues I had with stirr, I still had pluto guide data. I would say delete both & redo, but not sure if that's the solution. Even though I got both stirr & pluto working, I know nothing about dockers. Hopefully someone here will be able to help.

I have the same issue. I deleted and recreated the docker. Then it worked. There was an error in the log, I didn’t save it but it was working, then error Ed.

Sorry just saw this!
My Instructions for STIRR (Windows OS here):
docker update Docker for Stirr:
Open Docker Desktop
Stop the current container image
Delete the current container image

Open a CMD window
Execute the following command:
docker pull robbiet480/stirr-for-channels

When the pull completes execute the following command:
docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --name stirr-for-channels -p 8181:80 robbiet480/stirr-for-channels

If you are installing for first time you can of course skip the steps for deleting the current image

EDIT: I am modifying these instructions - the default port changed to 8181 (originally 8080) no need to change the port to prevent the conflict now.

1 Like

My Stirr docker is showing 500 channels with all channels showing multiple times if I go into manage lineup. Why is it doing that?

Mine shows 122 channels. Maybe delete and re-add the m3u?

I have the same... 122 channels.

I had this earlier today and then reloaded the m3u and it fixed itself.

For some reason this is not working for me today. I had zero trouble on initial setup and installing the update but it just isn't working. I tried reinstalling and rebooting but no dice. http://127.0.0.1:8181/ returns "site cannot be reached" and the guide data is empty. Sorry I can't provide more info. I know just enough about Docker to be dangerous.

It might just be me. Anyone else having this issue?

I'm seeing an issue with stirr where I have no guide data. Very strange.

So this happened to me today. The channel count went to 500 as well.

I deleted the source and added stirr again, but it came back with 500 channels. Something isn't working correctly here. I deleted stirr and created it again with a different name and it came back with 500 channels BUT all channels were now enabled. So I deleted the source.

I restarted the stirr container and added the source again and now I'm back to 122 channels. There is bug in the machines somewhere.

1 Like

Same issue here. Restarted container and then redownloaded m3u in channels. I think it is a bug in the container m3u generation.

When I was trying to update stirr yesterday with setting up the docker, I screwed up & in the process deleted the tuner & re did everything & it worked nice, including I had a guide. I'll say of you removed the tuner today & have it working, check it tomorrow to see if you have the same problem again.

It is the container m3u generation causing the issue:
Before and after restarting the container.
2021/04/25 14:14:40.904456 [M3U] Refreshed lineup for Stirr with 4880 channels
2021/04/25 14:19:01.033647 [M3U] Refreshed lineup for Stirr with 122 channels

The generator gets in some kind of loop where it includes each channel 40x in the m3u. And channels hits the 500 channel max and calls it 500 channels. Until the container is stop/started and then generates an accurate m3u.

I just noticed the 500 channels too, restarted the Stirr docker and redownloaded the M3U and XML on Channels DVR to fix it. I also changed the Options from "Refresh URL Daily" to "Never Refresh URL" to hopefully prevent it from happening again?

No, you are not alone. I am having the same issue. Container is running and the logs look fine...finding 122 channels, but I cannot get to the m3u or xml files, via http://127.0.0.1:8181 (and I have tried starting the container with a multitude of different ports). I have Pluto running on 8080:80 and have even tried stopping that container and only running Stirr using 8080:80...but, get the same results...channels and guide data are obtained (see them in the log), but are not accessible.

Is the container running on the same machine as your Channels DVR? The loopback address would only work if both are on the same machine sharing the same IP address.