Testflight: Channels DVR Beta

So when can the rest of us do the beta test ?

What about the DVR updates?

Channels DVR updates will roll out periodically. Your Channels DVR server will update automatically. You can read release notes here: Release Notes

If you mean Channels DVR? It’s open to the public. Anyone can sign up now at https://community.getchannels.com/dvr. It is not limited to any group. It is publicly available. All DVR support is on Channels on the app store. DVR support for Channels on Apple TV is not limited by any specific group.

The Channels “beta” is a testflight build that is sent out routinely before we ship to the store for beta testers to try out before we publish it to the store.

1 Like

Yes although it now states for US and Canada. So good for you guys!

How do I get an invite for beta on my apple tv? I have testflight installed, but need a redeem code.

Are you still accepting beta testers ? I have tried to setup using the link but it takes me to the testflight page, but never get an email with invite code or link,

You need to use the Testflight link through iOS. It will open the Testflight app and let you opt in. Once you do that, you'll be on the bets for both iOS and tvOS.

Can you sign up for this via AppleTV? I have an AppleTV but an Android phone.

Unfortunately you can't. According to Apple, everyone owns an iPhone. :roll_eyes:

The link actually opens the Testflight app, where you then opt into the beta.

I've just had email through with a code to put in on my Apple TV. I'm assuming that was you? If so, thanks! :smile:

1 Like

How do I requires a code for the Apple TV is beta?

You can request one via https://getchannels.com/beta/

It's at the bottom of the page.

I just sent one to ya. Check your email.

Thank you. I just installed it. I'll start testing it.

I clicked on the "Join Apple Beta Program" button and it just takes you to an info screen about how to install once you receive the invitation Does the button send my request to you or is there another component. I used to be part of beta and it expired.

You have to click the link on an iOS device

I have testflight on my iPhone but it just says No Apps Available to Test. Is there a redeem code?

Yeah, read the whole thread and did that:

To join the Channels DVR Beta beta, tap the link on your iPhone or iPad after you install TestFlight.