TV Everywhere Experiences (Internal Beta)

I’m getting the following error when trying to view CSN Bay Area
Xfinity account

I am getting the same type of error on the Weather Channel.

2019/06/19 05:43:37 [ERR] Could not start stream for TVE-Dish ch6775 WEATHER: TVE: get https://weather-lh.akamaihd.net/i/twc_1@92006/master.m3u8: 400 Bad Request

1 Like

Trying on the 'web' UI gives me the full error and URL:
Error: TVE: get: http://tvecsnbayarea-i.akamaihd.net/hls/live/219791/CSNbayareax/4296k/prog.m3u8: 404 Not Found

There's no way to see the quality levels available right now, but the dvr picks the stream with the highest bitrate which is usually around 6-8mbps. Many of the streams are actually in 1080p60 which is better than what comes through via the PRIME.

im seeing the same error as well.

yesterday i had an issue with the weather channel but it was a DNS issue that i fixed by changing dns and now today, i get this error.

Looks like the Weather Channel stream is undergoing maintenance: https://weloveweather.tv/twc/

We will have to remove it until they get their new website up.

1 Like

they did announce today that the channel is going back to fios. probably adding that..

Weather channel is choppy here in Central Florida. It's in the guide near the free content. shouldn't need a cable provider to watch it

weather channel is now working

So the video is higher quality via TVE but no surround sound, correct? Also, do you know if Spectrum / Los Angeles is one of the 6-8 cities that TVE streams local channels?

i have the same issue....exactly the same. added tve, reloaded the docker, and i show that 4.22.2317 version and no TVE option with the gear.

Correct.

This was already answered above:

Version 4.22.2317 does not have TVE built in. You have to update to the latest pre-release using the instructions in the TVE announcement thread.

Yep. Seems to be working now.

This issue is fixed in the next pre-release build.

1 Like

All ESPN networks are failing for me in the channel scan. All log lines show the same certificate error:
2019/06/19 15:18:28 [TVE] Channel scan 91/153 ESPN1 failed: Get https://broadband.espn.com/espn3/auth/watchespn/startSession?SWID=[redacted]&channel=espn1&partner=watchespn&platform=web&token=[redacted]&tokenType=ADOBEPASS&v=2.0.0: x509: certificate signed by unknown authority
DVR is version 2019.06.19.1709 running on a My Cloud PR4100, TV provider is DirecTV. All non-ESPN networks are returning the expected results. The My Cloud's time is correct (synced via NTP) so I don't believe it's an issue with an upstream cert falsely appearing to be expired due to an incorrect clock.

It seems like WD's TLS cert chain on their OS is out of date. That's a tricky one...

EDIT: What version of WD firmware is running on your PR4100?

2.31.174. Installing 2.31.183 now.

EDIT: updated to 2.31.183 (eventually, it hung on the reboot and needed a manual restart), and re-ran the scan, and it's still reporting the same errors.

1 Like

Can you try with the latest pre-release?

Suddenlink SYFY 6054 Shows Tuner Not responding.
Log shows
2019/06/19 17:57:17 [ERR] Could not start stream for TVE-Suddenlink ch6054 SYFY: TVE: timezone not available
Tried a few other eastern channels. All failed for the same reason.
2019/06/19 17:58:40 [ERR] Could not start stream for TVE-Suddenlink ch6052 USA: TVE: timezone not available
2019/06/19 17:58:45 [ERR] Could not start stream for TVE-Suddenlink ch6056 E: TVE: timezone not available
2019/06/19 17:58:48 [ERR] Could not start stream for TVE-Suddenlink ch6058 BRAVO: TVE: timezone not available
2019/06/19 17:58:51 [ERR] Could not start stream for TVE-Suddenlink ch6060 OXYGEN: TVE: timezone not available

That fixed it, thanks. Can I make a suggestion that any channels that generate an internal server error be automatically retried at the end of the scan? This scan completed OK, but most of my previous scans had at least one channel fail that way ([TVE] Channel scan 53/153 FS2 failed: notAuthorized: 0001:Internal Server Error), and I don't see any way to fix that besides deleting and rerunning the entire thing and hoping they all worked the second time. Also, is it feasible to add the Fox Sports RSNs via Fox Sports Go?