TV Everywhere Experiences (Internal Beta)

Correct.

This was already answered above:

Version 4.22.2317 does not have TVE built in. You have to update to the latest pre-release using the instructions in the TVE announcement thread.

Yep. Seems to be working now.

This issue is fixed in the next pre-release build.

1 Like

All ESPN networks are failing for me in the channel scan. All log lines show the same certificate error:
2019/06/19 15:18:28 [TVE] Channel scan 91/153 ESPN1 failed: Get https://broadband.espn.com/espn3/auth/watchespn/startSession?SWID=[redacted]&channel=espn1&partner=watchespn&platform=web&token=[redacted]&tokenType=ADOBEPASS&v=2.0.0: x509: certificate signed by unknown authority
DVR is version 2019.06.19.1709 running on a My Cloud PR4100, TV provider is DirecTV. All non-ESPN networks are returning the expected results. The My Cloud's time is correct (synced via NTP) so I don't believe it's an issue with an upstream cert falsely appearing to be expired due to an incorrect clock.

It seems like WD's TLS cert chain on their OS is out of date. That's a tricky one...

EDIT: What version of WD firmware is running on your PR4100?

2.31.174. Installing 2.31.183 now.

EDIT: updated to 2.31.183 (eventually, it hung on the reboot and needed a manual restart), and re-ran the scan, and it's still reporting the same errors.

1 Like

Can you try with the latest pre-release?

Suddenlink SYFY 6054 Shows Tuner Not responding.
Log shows
2019/06/19 17:57:17 [ERR] Could not start stream for TVE-Suddenlink ch6054 SYFY: TVE: timezone not available
Tried a few other eastern channels. All failed for the same reason.
2019/06/19 17:58:40 [ERR] Could not start stream for TVE-Suddenlink ch6052 USA: TVE: timezone not available
2019/06/19 17:58:45 [ERR] Could not start stream for TVE-Suddenlink ch6056 E: TVE: timezone not available
2019/06/19 17:58:48 [ERR] Could not start stream for TVE-Suddenlink ch6058 BRAVO: TVE: timezone not available
2019/06/19 17:58:51 [ERR] Could not start stream for TVE-Suddenlink ch6060 OXYGEN: TVE: timezone not available

That fixed it, thanks. Can I make a suggestion that any channels that generate an internal server error be automatically retried at the end of the scan? This scan completed OK, but most of my previous scans had at least one channel fail that way ([TVE] Channel scan 53/153 FS2 failed: notAuthorized: 0001:Internal Server Error), and I don't see any way to fix that besides deleting and rerunning the entire thing and hoping they all worked the second time. Also, is it feasible to add the Fox Sports RSNs via Fox Sports Go?

Missing FS1 and FS2 using Spectrum login.

I have tried deleting and re-adding the Spectrum TVe source. But I still donā€™t get FS1 and FS2. I get all the other Fox network channels.

I added my PlayStation Vue account as a source and it does find FS1 and FS2.

But I am hoping to go to just using Spectrum if possible.

With the TVE channels potentially being better quality than the cable feed coming in on our HDHRs, it would be handy to be able to enable the same channel from multiple sources to compare. For example, I have ESPN favorited on both my HDHR and via TVE, but only get the higher priority one in the guide. Could you consider an option to allow duplicate channels from different sources, at least in the Beta app if not the primary app?

Please add Regional Fox Sports channels that are available via the Fox Sports GO app. I see the NBC Sports channels are there.

Could you record a few from TVE and a few from your other source and then compare?

I could yes, I guess another reason Iā€™d like both options is due to bandwidth caps from my ISP. I have to be conscientious of how much streaming I do, so I might be selective of when I use the streaming channel vs the cable channel.

@tmm1 if you are able to and when you have time, can you add BeIn Sports (Optimum).

https://connect.beinsports.com/us/live

thanks!

Ordinarily, I would agree, however, the only channels that need to be constantly reset are the TVE channels. As far as I can tell, the TVE channels don't go through the tuner like the old PTV did.

The problem still persists.

You are correct; I had forgotten which thread I was reading, and only realized after I had posted.

However, this does beg the question: How does one go about scanning for channels for TVE sources? For instance, say I change my cable package and no longer have access to some TVE channels and can now receive some new ones. How would I inform Channels of these changes? Do I need to remove the source and re-add it, to reauthorize all of the subscriptions? Is there some API endpoint I can sent a POST to?

My previous reply has me thinking of another situation, which brings up 2 questions:

1. How can I request a specific TVE feed? Do I have to modify the tuner priority before requesting a channel to ensure that the proper source is chosen, or can I specify one? (This is akin to using the ANY descriptor when requesting a stream, versus specifying a DeviceIDā€”how are the DeviceIDs of TVE sources figured?)
  2. In addition to specifying a particular source for a stream, is there a way to determine which bitrate/feed a TVE source uses? As an example, I am considering a Channels DVR setup for my parents for a secondary residence of theirs, and may use their existing DirecTV TVE login from their primary residence to supplement the OTA locals. However, their internet isn't the greatest, and something like a 720P/3Mbps would be much better suited to their environment than 1080P/8Mbps streams. Can the different streams be queried and specified?

Does Channels have any control over the streams? Aren't they just linking us to the App/website live stream?

I thought they were using the Chrome Browser to make a connection to the stream and then they parsing and repackaging the stream and changing the bit rate based on your preference (if not original request) and then sending it to the client.