TV Everywhere Experiences (Internal Beta)

Has nothing to do with what's stored on my computer. Just used my parents Xfinity login, everything is fine

I'm seeing the logos today.

Has anything changed?

I could be wrong. I was just thinking maybe the actual credential file (cert?) on the computer might have gotten corrupted during the reboot.

When you add a new source, I assume it makes a new file (like with Xfinity). So I thought maybe if you removed Spectrum from your sources, and re-added it to recreate that file...maybe it would start working again.

I found there was one time when my Cable ONE seemed to have lost channels. I removed it completely, and re-added it. Then haven't had an issue since.

I am still getting access through TNT, TBS and NAT GEO through Spectrum and I'm automatically logged into the websites directly. I think it's the Channels process. All 160 channels take about a minute.

Okay, this is odd... the logos for the cable channels came back but I hadn't noticed the logos for the TVE channels are now missing.

This is due to a race condition- the problem happens some times and not others.

With the latest DVR server pre-release, it should be fixed for good.

The latest pre-release now has an Edit button in the TVE channel listing where you can retry failed authentications or authenticate to newly added channels.

23%20PM 29%20PM

Okay, I also noticed it "forgot" all my hidden channels in the Android Client for the TVE channels. Have to reset them up.

That's awesome to hear. Thanks!

When you posted about how certain providers work, you mentioned HTC Digital. Which "HTC Digital" is that?

Xfinity TVE and TENNIS Channel anyone?

Anyone getting TENNIS Channel with Xfinity TVE?

Mine says login not supported even though it's in my subscribed tier.

Maybe this is another Xfinity channel not supported by TVE.

Does it work on https://tennischanneleverywhere.com/watchnow/tennischanneleverywhere-mvpd

HTC Digital: http://www.htcinc.net/digital-cable/tv-everywhere

No,

Asks me to sign in with my provider but doesn't list xfinity or comcast as a provider.

Don't really care as I can get it from my HDHR PRIME, but it's listed as being available and not excluded from Xfinity on your sticky post about TVE.

What channels do I get with TVE that I don't already have with my PRIME?

Is there a quick way to tell which of the 123 channels I really get with my TVE (160 channels) source, that I don't get with my HDHR PRIME?

My TVE Source says 160 channels, but after subtracting 37 channels that I either don't subscribe to, are not supported by my provider, are duplicates (East vs West feeds) or no guide data available, I'm left with 123 channels.

160 Channels
-17 channels are not supported by Xfinity for TVE login
-6 channels are duplicates of the same channel in another timezone unavailable to me
-7 channels are not in my lineup
-7 channels are not mapped and have no guide data
=123 Channels

The only way I can think of is to match up the stationId's, but that's a lot of work doing that since each Source (PRIME/TVE) has different call signs/channel names and they're not easy to match up.

Tried adding Comcast xfinity and got the error “not in subscription”

Then I tried Philo which first gave me this error:

fork/exec ./chromedp-shell: text file busy

And then worked on the second try.

6700 and below are free streaming channels, some will duplicate with the channels you get with Prime.

That’s an issue between Xfinity and The Tennis Channel. Spectrum doesn’t have access either

I like the Edit button in the TVE Channel Listing but it would be helpful to have a RESCAN ALL in stead of just rescan per channel.

Example: I was having an issue with several channels with "timezone not available". So, I hide them in both DTVN and PS VUE. This took a bit of time. Now you have the option to rescan those channels 1 at a time and now they not long show up. So, I guess either I have to remove the source and re-add or do rescan 1 channel at a time.

1 Like

Time zone not available cannot be fixed via rescan. Some channels are only available depending on your location.

Right. But my point is before the rescan (1 channel at a time) they did show available. But now they do not. I assume you made a change to your code where you "now" identify this where you did not before. After the rescan (1 channel at a time) I now do not need to mark them as hidden.

Also, is it possible that a future rescan "all" will identify new channels available where I would not know without a rescan all or remove and add the source?

Example from Cord Cutters Web Site:
Here is the update PlayStation Vue posted on their website today:
June 2019
Launched CuriosityStream
Now available as a standalone channel
Tennis Channel has moved from Elite Plan to Core Plan
Now available on Core Plan and above

Another Example today:
Playstation Vue added beIN sports channel and BabyFirst (not sure what this is).

I checked beIN web site and it is listed: https://connect.beinsports.com/us/login

My point again, is you add support for beIN would it automatically be added to the list or do we need to remove PS Vue and add it back? It appears you have all of the channels you support listed on each TVE but some can not access some channels. So if that is the case case with beIN would you add it and then I would need to know that and then rescan that channel? This is the reason for rescan all where I could do the from time to time to see if new channels are supported.