TV Everywhere Experiences (Internal Beta)

Why do you have so many services? Seems like a lot of money every month.

I love TV and it is about the experience more than the cost. And my wife and I have completely different TV needs / wants. Before TVE I was using DTVN and Hulu with Live TV. I mentioned in a prior post why I have each one. I added PS Vue mainly for testing TVE because of limit TVE Login with Hulu and DTVN. PS Vue adds some channels I need, but the extra cost even for me is too much so trying to see what is best for us.

PS Vue was getting most channels until recently. I get a lot of channels with DTVN but missing some important channels for me. The combination of Hulu Live and DTVN seems to work pretty well but still not perfect. So for me is probably PS Vue, Hulu, DTVN, Philo. But maybe not the best for others. I want CNN and it is ONLY on PS Vue. I also want Fox New/Bus and they are only on PS Vue and Hulu. My wife like a few old tv channels that are only on PS Vue and TV Land is only on PS Vue and Philo.

Ps Vue and philo is probably your best bet even with the price increase. Who is your ISP?

Right for most TVE Channels. However, I can not drop Hulu Live because of our Echo Show devices in various parts of the house which we love using. Philo channels are available with DTVN. So Philo at $20 vs DTVN at $55 with HBO ($5). And I can use the DTVN Standalone App and get about 115 channels with my grandfathered account. So kind of tricky with limited TVE on DTVN. And since I am keeping Hulu and the TVE is not bad with them for channels I need it is just a mix of streaming services at this point.

My ISP is Frontier FiOS. Internet Only. Which is 200/200. I require fast upload speed. I dropped their TV Service and Cable Cards (used with Prime) which was about $120 over the Internet when I dropped them. I checked in again (not sure about TVE) and they now require me to rent a DVR (dumb). I just decided to hang up and not deal with them any more.

The latest dvr pre-release adds support for many Fox Sports regional channels. You can use the edit menu to rescan and add them. See foxsportsgo.com for which ones you can access.

3 Likes

@tmm1 I sent an error and log to you this morning. re:FS

FOX Sports Results:

PS Vue - chrome auth_timed_out (same as the Discovery Channels)
Philo - encountered exception 'Uncaught' (5:5)
Hulu - Works for 6218, 6219, 6221-6225
- Others are either unimplemented or not-entitled
DTVN - Works for FS-WEST (6218) and FS-PRIME (6219)
- Others are either unimplemented or not-entitled

1 Like

@tmm1 regarding TLC's website.
I did post on custhelp.com and got back an automated type reply which I replied too. Not expecting any help.

But wanted to tell you this. I was working on my MacBook Laptop (normally on my iMac Desktop) and I was able to login to tlc.com with Playstation Vue on Safari. Strange. The address bar blinked a bunch but finally worked and brought up the login screen. I tried again this morning on my iMAC and it does the same blinking but then just stops. Also on my desktop Chrome does not work but it does not blink the same.

Maybe related to Channels time-out which I sent the logs to you the other day.

I wonder if we should keep Channels DVR out of the discussion with the provider/network support? Is there a way they can break this for us because they don't like what we're doing?

1 Like

Yeah I wouldn't mention Channels, would just say you are having troubles with the website

1 Like

If that was directed at me. I would not have mentioned Channels mainly because it is not relevant since the issue was with my browser. If it only failed with Channels then they would simply say that is not their problem and to deal with your 3rd party provider.

With DirecTV I was able to get FSWest, Prime Ticket, and all three FCS channels; on Spectrum I get the uncaught exception error.

Spectrum is fixed in upcoming build (~5min to finish uploading).

1 Like

When I go to the foxsportsgo.com URL and login with my Dish information, it shows I have access to FS South and FS Southeast. When I rescan the FS South channel (6213) and the FS Southeast channel (6214) I get the message "not-entitled" for each of those.

Sorry that wasn't directed towards anyone. Just in general. I don't want the the providers/networks to catch on and ruin this for us. This has to be something they don't want.

1 Like

Because cable companies always care about having a competitive advantage. If this is an end around on DRM (as it is for me), no doubt they'd care (and not be happy) because that's been their ace in the hole for a very long time. If you can avoid having to buy cable card(s) with this as I'm sure some may attempt, then that's money out of their pocket too.

Never underestimate the will of a large corporation to not play fair and stack the deck in their favor whenever possible.

I agree, it is best to keep this off their radar.

1 Like

Playon. has been around for years. I know it's a little different but you can record on demand. Cable cards are a thing of the past. Spectrum doesn't require them anymore. Although they won't let you add the cloud DVR to complete cable packages.

This also fixed the same error on Philo. Now I get the normal error of "login no supported" which is expected.

1 Like

FX (6080) works but the video quality is bad. Stops and then Starts etc. But no errors in the LOG. However, FXP (6081) works perfectly. Could this be an east coast feed issue unique to this channel?

I have few channels that give a timezone error for the east coast feed but not this one and a few others like TBS and TNT which do not have a problem.