TV Everywhere Experiences (Internal Beta)

Just an observation. On Apple tv the channels change fast, but the picture is soft. On the Fire tv. channels change slower, buffers and crashes., but the picture is sharper.

You need to follow the instructions in the TVE annoucement thread to update your DVR to the latest pre-release.

E and Bravo will not show up in favorites even if marked as favorites. On the other hand, Oxygen and SyFy show up in favorites even when they are not marked as favorites.

On which device are you favoriting and not seeing them show up as favorites?

Does anyone else have issues with their favorites and disabled channels resetting every day or after every reboot of their device?

I have this issue on both fireTV 4k's and a Shield TV. The selections are made on the server and they don't transfer to the clients. Therefore, I have to reset them every day on the clients.

I ready submitted to support, I just wondered if I were the only one with this particular issue.

On Linux (and presumably FreeBSD) there is only one hardware encoder, ffmpeg's h264_vaapi, which uses VA-API (libva), which in turn uses QSV. But I am aware that the encoding possible with 5th gen Core processors is inferior to current 8+ gen Core processors.

You may be subject to the bug in SiliconDust's firmware where background scans will add/remove channels without saving their favorite/disable status between scans. This is best seen when a previously disabled channel is removed (because the tuner could not tune it quickly enough when performing its background scan), and then re-added on a subsequent background scan. When the channel is re-added, its status as either a favorite or disabled channel is forgotten, and shows up as a new channel that you thought you had previously disabled.

It's quite annoying, and SD claims to have already fixed the issue ... but we are still having problems ...

iOS (iPhone 7 Plus and XS) and 7 AppleTV's for sure. I think I saw the same results on FireTV Stick but I don't currently have one running and wouldn't swear to it.

Is there a way to see what quality levels are available for each channel? Some channels cap out at 720p30 and the quality is what it is, but it seems that a number of them have 1080p30 available, and some are 720p60. If any of them have both 720p60 and 1080p30 available, I would like to see an option to prefer 720p60 since the improved temporal resolution is more valuable (to me) than improved spatial resolution.

I’m getting the following error when trying to view CSN Bay Area
Xfinity account

I am getting the same type of error on the Weather Channel.

2019/06/19 05:43:37 [ERR] Could not start stream for TVE-Dish ch6775 WEATHER: TVE: get https://weather-lh.akamaihd.net/i/twc_1@92006/master.m3u8: 400 Bad Request

1 Like

Trying on the 'web' UI gives me the full error and URL:
Error: TVE: get: http://tvecsnbayarea-i.akamaihd.net/hls/live/219791/CSNbayareax/4296k/prog.m3u8: 404 Not Found

There's no way to see the quality levels available right now, but the dvr picks the stream with the highest bitrate which is usually around 6-8mbps. Many of the streams are actually in 1080p60 which is better than what comes through via the PRIME.

im seeing the same error as well.

yesterday i had an issue with the weather channel but it was a DNS issue that i fixed by changing dns and now today, i get this error.

Looks like the Weather Channel stream is undergoing maintenance: https://weloveweather.tv/twc/

We will have to remove it until they get their new website up.

1 Like

they did announce today that the channel is going back to fios. probably adding that..

Weather channel is choppy here in Central Florida. It's in the guide near the free content. shouldn't need a cable provider to watch it

weather channel is now working

So the video is higher quality via TVE but no surround sound, correct? Also, do you know if Spectrum / Los Angeles is one of the 6-8 cities that TVE streams local channels?

i have the same issue....exactly the same. added tve, reloaded the docker, and i show that 4.22.2317 version and no TVE option with the gear.