TV Everywhere Experiences (Internal Beta)

Looks like new build, 2019.06.14.1505, fixed the DirectvNow guide issues. Thanks.

1 Like

I understand, just showing the Android TV login process to see if that is something that could be a possibility to use. I really would like to know how Fitz figured it out so a similar solution could be implemented in channels

This has been fixed in the latest build.

Fixed in the latest build. You may need to remove and re-add the source.

This has been fixed in the latest build as well.

Thanks you for fixing all my issues ... All timezones are fixed.

Confirmed. The issue with 6060 & 6062 are fixed. Thanks!

1 Like

AS- are "Adult Swim" Channels hat play marathons of their shows... like "Rick and Morty". They are specialized channels that don't have icons (that I'm aware of)

Maybe because when the TVE scan listed the channels the NBC News channel had a pointer to Broadcast SD listing for NBC. Otherwise, I donā€™t know why, but TVE did have same guide data for NBC Channel from 8PM to ~2AM.

Recordings did fail as well as trying to tune live.

In SW Florida on Comcast.

:roll_eyes:

That's strange. When I look here its empty:

38%20PM

I wonder if it got mapped accidentally somehow.

Screenshot:

@tmm1 are Xfinity restricted sub accounts supposed to work? I am getting the Uncaught exception error. The solution suggested above does not appear to work, as the authentication setting is not available for sub accounts. On the main account it is disabled.

Edit: for the heck of it, I tried again and it is scanning channels now. But there is something flake. I'll send logs.

I get a bunch of NBC sports channels that donā€™t actually work. They play a brief snippet and thatā€™s it. Xfinity. Is that expected?

For me, advantages, so far, of adding TVE (SW Florida on Comcast):

Ability to add recordings/view some cable channels without tying up a Prime Tuner...of course, now will have to monitor data cap a bit closer.

The best...Can now record/view BBC HD...on the Prime was only able to utilize the SD version.

Added another Fox movie channel not available on Prime

Added Sundance Channel (non DRM); on Prime was only receiving Sundance (DRM)

WooHoo! - BBC in HD is awesome! Thank you to the devs for adding this valuable new source to Channels.

2 Likes

Email us with more details. Your location and the channels you're getting, along with a screenshot of the snippet that plays?

Looks like you manually mapped to NBC, and there's a bug that doesn't let you unmap. Fixed for next build, where you will be able to hit X to remove that incorrect mapping. Try the next pre-release build in about 12 minutes.

1 Like

Entirely possible for NBC ... but donā€™t remember doing it. Another channel is also mapped that I know I didnā€™t map.

:thinking:

I've submitted a couple reports via https://getchannels.com/tv-everywhere-beta/feedback/ and am wondering if they're being looked into and if I also need to post here or email you or if I should just keep checking for new pre-release versions, check this thread for updates and will never hear from you about my issues?

Right now I have a lot less TVE channels than I did at launch time and I don't see any response to my feedback so assuming you're overwhelmed and are catching up on replies...

Discovered a situation this morning which I'm assuming is where the "priority" of the sources comes into play.

We always record "CBS Saturday Morning", however this morning I noticed right away that instead of recording it off the local CBS affiliate, it had recorded it from the TVE source, CBSN (CBS News). The CBSN source is very compressed and pixelated so it was easy to tell right off the bat that something was different.

When I went into Channels setup, I noticed that the Verizon X-TVE source was listed first with my two HD Primes listed second and third. I've now changed it so that the Verizon X-TVE is the third source after the HD Primes, so I expect that this will prevent this from happening in the future. Correct?

If this is the case, it probably would make sense to default the newest source added at the bottom of priority list instead of the top. Then this issue would have been avoided completely.

One question, the CBS affiliate is selected as one of my favorites in the Channels interface, so I had kind of assumed that would come into play when deciding on which channel to record from, but apparently not. I don't have the CBS affiliate selected as a favorite on the my.hdhomerun.com page, would that have made a difference or not as to the priority Channels assigns?

Also when watching the recorded X-TVE version of CBS Saturday Morning, we were about halfway through the program and when I went to fast forward, all of the sudden the progress bar showed the program as being very near the beginning (first minute) of the program. But in reality, it had jumped us nearly to the end of the program, missing lots of the program, so something got screwed up when watching the show. I was able to get out of it and back in and find where we should have been in the program to watch it, but it still felt like the progress bar was not accurately reflecting where we were in the program.

I added the TVE source yesterday [Spectrum] and everything worked very well. Tested many of the channels and all seemed to work. This morning, there two channels were not showing in the favorites view of the guide (FS1 and FS2) although they were there last night and working great. I think that they just dropped from favorites, but i didn't take the time to check. Given this is beta, i thought i would just update and re-add the TVE source to see what happens. My observation and questions:

1. I hit the trash-can button on the source, it changed but did not go away. Is this the right way to delete the source?
  2. At least two channels failed to connect that worked before: ESPN and Science (seen in the logs, says i am not subscribed. I am BTW). (ESPN2 and other ESPN channels loaded correctly)
  3. FS1 & 2, are both there and checked as favorite in the DVR, but this did not translate into the ATV app(s). I can find them in All Channels and they work fine.
  4. All of my previously selected favorites were still there from the previous version, so i assume you are caching that info somewhere. Perhaps that is related to what I am seeing on the client side.
  5. Notice that when i had two streams of the same channel on two TVs, they were about 10-15 seconds out of sync. One is wired and one is wireless, so that could contribute. Just curious, in that case do you use two streams from the provider, or does the DVR handle that with the shared tuner functionality?
  6. Happy to take any guidance you have or test whatever you like on my config. Love this.

All of my ATVs are running the latest full release of Channels. One is a fresh install, most of the others have been running for years. (4 ATV4, 2 ATV4K).
DVR is running on Synology 916+
Don't use the IOS versions much, but have them loaded on several iPads and iPhones

Fox News Channel TVE guide info is wrong today, it's showing some childrens programming ("Floogals") in the guide when it's normal Fox News programming.

Is there a difference between:

WatchTVEverywhere
https://www.wtve.net/
and
TV Everywhere
http://www.tveverywherenow.com/

Any chance you could add support for Canada?
https://www.wtve.ca/

Thanks, it looks like a great feature!