TV Everywhere Experiences (Internal Beta)

9 posts were split to a new topic: TVE Beta: Recordings causing problems with Windows Explorer

Would like to see support for Canada as well, if possible, thanks.

Thank you for this solution. I was contemplating picking up PSvue to try it out. Now that Philo activation works, I was able to use that.
So far this works great

1 Like

I come home tonight after being away and my Fox News and Fox Business TVE channels have disappeared.

The Fox News channel entry on both the guide and quick guide has totally disappeared.

The Fox Business channel entry has only a number (log) and when trying to tune to it says "Tuner Not Responding'.

So something clearly wrong here.

Edit: stopping and starting the Shield client and the channels reappeared.

Not sure if we can support Canada but we will look into it.

It would be helpful if anyone in Canada could email [email protected] with their cable company name along with a list of websites for the major Canadian channels where you can use your login to watch live tv.

Hi,

Keep getting this error...am I doing something wrong??

(This happens right after I sign in with my username and password for my provider)

mkdir /data/local/tmp/chromedp-runner930094578: permission denied

Is the WD PR2100 NAS supported for this feature?

You're using a SHIELD which is not supported.

Yes.

ahhh...ok...thank you! :slight_smile:

I havenā€™t had this happen more then once, but I was recording a show that was 60 mins long, but when I went to play it it said 30 mins. The weird thing is when I went to play it in VLC on my computer the entire show was there but it was reading it as 7 hours. So idk myabe it didnā€™t write the time correct or something else. Hasnā€™t happened since even on the same show since.:man_shrugging:

Having the same issue. Have multiple shows that have the incorrect length and/or have dozens of "Recording ended prematurely" log messages. Submitted the logs via the feedback form last night

Will fix for next build.

Correct.

This is the default, but apparently not if you've never set the priority on any of your tuners before.

Yes favoriting on either my.hdhomerun.com or on the dvr web UI would have told the dvr to prefer recording from that channel.

Okay, however the CBS local affiliate has long been a "favorite" as it's on my "favorites list" so it should not have selected the version on the CBSN channel if that's the case.

However, switching the priority order did result in a proper recording of "CBS Sunday Morning" this morning so that resolved the issue.

You had it favorited on your tv but not on your dvr.

Just updated to v2019.06.16.1712 and tried to add TVE DVR.
Appears something is crashing as it doesn't complete, tried three times, filled out online feedback form.

Update: v2019.06.16.1955 Much Better! Only missing 10 channels I subscribe to now.

Face the Nation is available on TVE at 8 am. It broadcast on the local channel at 8:30 am. Channels wanted to record the TVE version instead of the broadcast version even though I have the TVE source as the lowest priority. I am assuming it's because of the time difference. Can an option be added to prefer Broadcast over TVE? I added the broadcast channel to the recording pass to solve the problem this time. I'll always want the broadcast over TVE.

Thanks

DVR priority question
I assume if a DVR is higher up the list in the web UI it has higher priority?
Looks confusing to me as I have my PRIME DVR above the TVE DVR, yet the settings json data shows the PRIME is Priority 2 and the TVE is priority 1. Is that right?
Capture
device.priority.1323AADB "2"
device.priority.TVE-Comcast_SSO "1"

Correct.

So one thing that perplexes me a bit: When using multiple tuners, Channels basically obfuscates channels. But since TVE is using data, which is limited for many of us, this obfuscation becomes problematic. Does setting priority guarantee which source is recorded? Is the solution to disable 'duplicate' channels, ensuring that TVE channels are only those that don't (also) exist on my HDHR PRIME/cable package? Perhaps the answer is that if data usage is a concern, TVE is not a good choice to begin with.

Just make sure TVE tuner is the last one on the Web Page and channels are not favored. I have found this to work. Also you can do this on the Clients so watching Livetv Will not use the TVE tuner... unless necessary.