TV Picture Freezes, But Sound Continues

And then when hitting the back button it indicates I am behind the timeline and asks if I still want to exit to guide ( even though the sound is up to the timeline ). After exiting program and returning to app, the picture is still frozen at the point of the first freeze. Tried deleting the program and reinstall. Problem happens again. Any ideas?

The HD HR app seems to be working fine

Thank you. Where do I find that file?

The picture freezing started happening to me tonight also. I would have to restart my Firestick to fix the problem. It happened 5 times during a two hour show that was recorded a month ago.
This is after updating the app today.

1 Like

If you are not using the current sideloaded beta app, then you will need to wait a couple of days for the fixed released version 4.7.1 to become available from the Amazon store.

2 Likes

If you have never sideloaded the beta version, then there are several steps involved.

1. Enable the developer options on the FireTV, search internet for process.
  2. From the FireTV developer options, enable the Channels DVR app to Install from Unknown Apps.
  3. Using the Channels DVR app Settings/Support option, Install beta app.

Keep in mind the beta app does not automatically get updated.

Channels Firetv app updated this AM automatically. Completely broke our Firestick. Have had Amazon support on the line all morning. They cannot get it working either. I guess for now we nave no ability to use Channels DVR or our other apps unless we delete Channels DVR. Then everything works fine.

Settings > Playback > Advanced > Video Driver: Software

v4.7.1 is available on Amazon App Store for hdhomerun users with the fix

OK the Beta seems to fix the issues. Next question since the Beta doesn't auto update, How do we fix that issue now that we are on Beta?

So if I am looking at this correctly, Channels DVR for HDhomerun app will charge me $24.99 is that correct?

That app is not for DVR users. The DVR update will be available shortly.

Thanks for being on top of this. Im sure you woke up with everything on fire. So running Beta and software encoding it seems to be working as before. So how will I know the 4.7.1 is up? Im assuming the Beta will not update. Do we just delete the installed Beta and then install the 4.7.1 as a new app?

One thing I have noticed running Beta is the sound sync is slightly off. Anyway to adjust that?

Beta and Regular can both run ... to Update Beta go to settings support then update beta.

So do we just stay on Beta? Not a big deal but I just thought once this issue is resolved should we then return to regular releases?

I run both the Release Version and Beta ... I use the Beta but if there is a problem with the Beta I use the release version. Everyone else in my household uses release Version.

So how do you switch between them? I only have one or the other at least from what I can tell. Been using the regular releases now for over a year. This is the first Beta for Firetv I have used. I do frequently use the Beta releases for the DVR

look under Applications in settings you should see them both listed and the Icons are a bit different for each. Then you can move to the front whichever you want to use.

1 Like

Learned something today.