Web interface on Android always errors after first play

I've tried this on both Chrome Mobile and the Samsung browser. If I open the web interface, select a show and start the stream, it plays fine. Then, if I stop the stream, select a different channel and try to watch, I get an error:

On Chrome: "The media playback was aborted due to a corruption problem or because the media used features your browser did not support."

On Samsung Internet: "The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported."

This error continues to happen for some period of time, or until I reboot the phone. Closing and re-opening the browsers does not even fix it.

Any help? Thanks!

John

What android device?

It’s a Galaxy S8. I’ve confirmed that recordings seem to work every time. So far this only involves watching live channels in the browser.

Thanks.

Are you using the local IP or my.channelsdvr.net in the browser?

Some other issues were also reported with live tv on Android Chrome: Chrome browser Web UI Rew & FF not working?

I had been using the local IP but I just tried channelsdvr.net and get the same issue. I also just tested with my wife’s Galaxy S8 and have the exact same problem.

So… any update on this issue that is still persisting? It is coming up on two weeks now with no resolution. The only response thus far was you listing a link to another forum topic that reported similar issues. Yet that one also DID NOT suggest any solution or fix for the issue.

The inability to use Android browsers to access the Channels web playback interface should be treated with more of a priority. I can refer to multiple other postings where that very interface was named by you and others as a good alternative to actually needing an Android app. If there is no current plans to develop a stand alone Android app, and you are not going to address the issue of no web playback via mobile browsers, than why should Android users continue to support this project?

If you’re having problems it would be helpful to know what device you have and what kind of problems you’re having.

This thread says live tv doesn’t work the second time, but some of the others say live tv works fine all the time but cannot rw/ff.

The issue could also be related to the type of transcoder on the DVR server, as well as the source of the live tv signal (OTA vs cable). Until I know what combination of devices causes the problem I can’t reproduce or fix it.

The web player issues on Android were resolved a few months ago.

We also have a beta available of a new Android mobile app: BETA: Channels for Android phones/tablets

I have the same problem too , for one of these sites i watch its showing me this so please help what can i do. My phone is xiaomi redmi note 9s by the way