Xfinity TVE - Cable provider authentication fails

Began losing some Xfinity TVE channels. Upgraded to 2022.01.29.2039. Deleted Xfinity source and tried to add back 5 or 6 times always failing on Provider Authorization. Submitted logs as 8b38f177-8637-4937-be60-f44af1303eb2 THANKS

I had the same problem a couple days ago.
Here's some thing to check

Finally got mine working

Thanks... I read your post earlier and tried all those items, plus a few from older posts. I can view on NBC and on Xfinity streaming. Just doesnt take my password in the Channels DVR interface...

1 Like

Just added another one I had forgot about
If adding a TVE source, click and HOLD the Login button.

1 Like

The only way to get past this issue is to wait a while and try again. Any changes you make during that time are inconsequential.

Hmmm... OK. Thanks.

1 Like

I tried to watch cable channels last night, but saw errors and frozen pictures. I tried to fix it by re-adding the password. That didn't help. Then I removed the provider (Xfinity). But I am unable to add it back. It fails on log in (see attached sscreenshot)

. I verified that I can log into Xfinity directly and watch streaming TV channels. I ran the troubleshooter - all green check marks.

Same issue here. Eventually after trying for a couple of days I got it working again (no rhyme or reason, just trying couple times a day) about 2 days ago but can't seem to authorize any of the Disney/ESPN owned stations now. Get "Cable provider authentication failed" on those channels.

1 Like

Please try again with the latest prerelease build.

1 Like

Does appear to be working now on the latest prerelease build.

2 Likes

I'm having this same issue. Anyone else?

1 Like

Not sure which issue you mean, but have you tried these TVE Troubleshooting tips ?

Resolved itself. Authentication was failing when I added xfinity but fixed now.