(Xfinity) TVE not working - Cable Provider auth failed / password reset

I am able to login to the Xfinty stream site, and account portal.
And I have yet to get a "you must change your password" email from them....
This time, I am going to just leave it, and NOT remove it from the tuner source.
As i think it was that process of multiple tries to add it back into Channels, that may have triggered the forced password reset and have to wait 2 days.

Seems Xfinity is turning into be just as "reliable" as YYTV is...as i often see posts of that service becoming de-authorized or some how just stop working and have to be re-added.

Not sure if Channels devs can do anything or see if it is Channels that is somehow triggering something....

I noticed last night that I was also having the issue again. Was able to re-login this morning. Not sure how long it wasn't working because I was not home.

I just tried this morning, and the channels work again.
did not do anything.
I did notice and check the Xfinity service outage detector site, and they did report "Routine Maintenance" going on since yesterday late night. (My folks internet was offline most of last night, router logs show) cource, that should not be related, but...maybe it is...idk.

Mine is working now too. I dropped it way down the list on priority ... would have dropped it further but couldn't ..

and it happened again, wtf comcast stop resetting my password!!!

Nice to know it's only two of us

@Devs @tmm1 Could you please merge the other 2 threads on this issue into this one, so that people are not cross/duplicate posting to 3 threads for the same issue.
thanks.

I am new to Xfinity, and am encountering the same issue. Not sure if this is still a current issue for everyone else? Wow, Xfinity is a mess! Why in the world do they have a separate Xfinity User ID, Xfinity User Name, and a prefered email? That's not confusing at all. :roll_eyes: Anyway, I have tried all three and none work. Is the consensus that we are still having issues?

Not working no matter what you use for the sources. I can use all 3 to log into their web page and online streaming.

Does anyone here have Auto Authentication enabled on their xfinity? Seems those who do are not affected by this issue.

Let me check

I don't see where that is enabled I do know I turned of Two-Step Verification.

Make an account just to be a Viewer.

I did that and could not log in. Plus Auto Authentication is not needed the service is in my other home not local server.

Just got an email to change my password from xfinity they are really pushing 2 step authentication. I am timing out now too. Cannot re-add.

Finally got in after changing my password from the link they sent me and refused 2 step authentication.

If you setup a user before adding it to Channels DVR try logging onto one of the channels at their site for example TLC go to TLC site and make sure your credentials work.

Only solution is to wait a full 48hrs of not trying to to add Xfinty to Channels.
that is so far, the only thing that works reliable when u have deleted Xfinity from your TVE source list and am unable to add it back in.

It started to work for me after I signed into my Xfinity account when I checked the 'Stay signed in'.

That make no difference to Channels.
Stay signed in, or "Remember Me" is just a thing local to that web browser you are using to log into your account. It stores a Cookie in your browser cache so that u will not have to re-login again if you close out the browser.
If you use a different browser on the same computer, you will have to login, cause that browser does not have the Cookie.

Channels sever is its own "web browser" thing when it loads the Xfinity TVE login page in the background and there is no way for the user to see or modify that page, it just shows a screen shot of it when it fails.