(Xfinity) TVE not working - Cable Provider auth failed / password reset

I access Xfinity TVE outside of the home network via channels and disabling Auto Authentication worked for me.

This solved it. Thank you!

Whelp, i just got email now to reset Xfinity password...again.
It is weird the timing, as it came less than 1 min after Channels DVR started to record a show.
I have several things set to record to night.
not sure if it is actuly recording or not. sever says it is, so i assume it is.
But now i check and in the sever it says "Delayed".

sever: 2020.09.11.1741

I get a new error though:
2020/09/12 19:21:22.456610 [TVE] action=screenshot
2020/09/12 19:21:22.587108 [TVE] action=screenshot size=184072
2020/09/12 19:21:22.587281 [TVE] action=capture_html
2020/09/12 19:21:22.589427 [TVE] action=capture_html size=20701
2020/09/12 19:21:22.589529 [TVE] action=script_error err=&runtime.ExceptionDetails{ExceptionID:1, Text:"Uncaught", LineNumber:12, ColumnNumber:15, ScriptID:"60", URL:"", StackTrace:(*runtime.StackTrace)(0xc000e85380), Exception:(*runtime.RemoteObject)(0xc000515710), ExecutionContextID:0} exp=&runtime.RemoteObject{Type:"object", Subtype:"error", ClassName:"TypeError", Value:easyjson.RawMessage(nil), UnserializableValue:"", Description:"TypeError: Cannot set property 'value' of null\n at formLogin (tveloginhelper.js:13:16)\n at xfinityLogin (tveloginhelper.js:191:5)\n at tveloginhelper.js:235:5", ObjectID:"{"injectedScriptId":2,"id":3}", Preview:(*runtime.ObjectPreview)(nil), CustomPreview:(*runtime.CustomPreview)(nil)} exp_value=TypeError: Cannot set property 'value' of null
at formLogin (tveloginhelper.js:13:16)
at xfinityLogin (tveloginhelper.js:191:5)
at tveloginhelper.js:235:5
2020/09/12 19:21:22.608248 [ERR] Could not start stream for TVE-Comcast_SSO ch6122 DISNEYJR: TVE: TypeError: Cannot set property 'value' of null
at formLogin (tveloginhelper.js:13:16)
at xfinityLogin (tveloginhelper.js:191:5)
at tveloginhelper.js:235:5

I changed password, to a new one, then back to my orginal one that Channels uses.
No i try to play a channel, and it gives an error that is huge...several thousuands of characters long.
but end its
net/http: timeout awaiting response headers

That looks like the error I got TVE Provider password changes

You will need to look at http://x:8089/providers/tve/error_screenshot.png to see what the error is

no error is given. (i cover up my username)

Okay so the username is already filled in? It's trying to type that in and failing because the box is missing.

Same here.

It would appear so . yes my username was listed there and not in a user inputable text field.
does it on the several Xfinty tve networks i have pulled the error screen shot of.
guess they change the login screen page.

Decided to come here tonight to see if anyone else was having this issue again and I guess I'm not the only one. The error screenshot for me is the "Please reset your password" screen. I attempted to login to Xfinity, it forced me to reset my password. I reset it to the password I was already using and the channels in the Channels DVR started working again. Checked the Xfinity e-mail (which I don't use for anything), got the notice last night.

1 Like

This Xfinity being dumb....always happens right before, or while I am set to record my favorite shows...causing them to fail.....and have to go find torrent download rips of them....sigh.

Mine was dead but it came back to working by itself.

Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I mentioned this before.
If you login to nbc.com/live (Link TV Provider) you are now logged into Xfinity.
In order to log out of Xfinity you have to select Unlink TV Provider
Clipboard01

Its not a Auth error now, its a type error. the Channels DVR script used to enter in the username and password is failing. the username field not there. it is already listed. and only need to fill in password.....for whatver reason.

it has not even gotten to try to Authenticate yet.

I think what he’s saying is that if you unlink it will revert to the prior behavior?

that has nothing to do with things. as it does it on any netowrk u have not linked to. liek DIY, Free form etc.

u are just logging into that site via browser. does not affect how channels does things. far as i can tell.
also, how explain this behavior and change in login form then? i would have had to login and Link to nbc to have it change in first place.

comcast had to have changed something.
channels hopefuly can fix it and make it work again.

My XFINITY is working on all channels now had a problem for about 5 minutes. Watching the Rockets getting killed on TVE.

It seems to affect groups of users at varrying times...whenever Comcasts automated account system robot does its "Account Analysis" ever couple months.