ALPHA: Import TV local content into DVR

Do lots of random people have access to your DVR? Or who are you afraid is going to delete them? The files are not deleted right away, and will sit in Trash for up to 10 days based on your settings.

If you're really that concerned, you can also just mark all the files as read-only and then no program can delete them ever..

My DVR is a household DVR many users ... I rather just not use that feature if there is a chance that a client can delete my collection. Not worth the risk.

Sounds good.

One more thing I need clarified that means that Playon Cloud can also be deleted ? by any Client ?

Oh boy.. that’s gonna make me go back to Plex. I’ve just switched to Channels for imported stuff, but don’t want to risk my kids deleting things. Having to keep an eye on trash isn’t a good idea - I wouldn’t notice if an episode got deleted or something.

My imported stuff is stuff I keep and would delete from my server manually if needed. Recordings we delete after watching.

Read only is not an option either, because I automate some of my renaming and storage.

Discussion is happening here: Disable Delete for Local Content

Found a show number for Johan Falk (Swedish mystery TV series) and was finally able to match imported episodes: SH017485330000.

Now looking for show numbers for Marie's Mind for Murder (German mystery - original title: Marie Brand), Van Veeteren, A Case of Conscience, Braque, Donna Detective, and Kommissarie Winter. Anyone match these series?

Had the usual problem with the guide provider in matching movies with numbers in them, i.e., RED 2 and RIO 2. Found them! An interesting chase under the Pandemic lock down.

In the latest prerelease, when you click Fix Incorrect Match on a movie, you can now switch the search dropdown to search TMDB for a match.

6 Likes

Haven't updated and tried it yet. Does this work for anything on TMDB or just Movies?
i.e. TV Shows, Specials and Movies.

Thank you so much for this! It is what I have been waiting for to move over to using Channels for both my TV watching and Movie watching. I have about 10 movies that I think aren't going to be found on Zap2it.

Will this work for TV Shows as well or just movies right now?

Just movies.

I'm curious how you're using "specials"? Are these one episode shows in your library? Almost all of those will probably be found when scanned in as movies. I'd suggest you put them there as you'll have a better experience than having a bunch of 1 episode TV shows added to your library.

Special Shows. Documentaries, Specials, not movies.
Have 144 that I allow Channels DVR access to as the Beta Test for TV Imports.
They are not Movies.
In order to try and Import them as Movies, I would have to;

1. Create a directory for each one of them with its Title (YEAR) as the directory name
  2. Move the recorded file to its new directory

This was the only way to get them recognized before Aman implemented the Specials Import.

They're not a Special Episode of a Series, they are stand-alone Specials that have a single airing.
Think of a special live event, not a series, same thing although it may be a documentary or other.

Usually they are categorized in the guide data with a TAG of Categories CONTAINS Special

Ahhh ONE OFF airings like on the History channel. I understand now! Sorry about that.

Yeah, this is mostly an issue with Gracenote. It just can't process those as movies at all because to them, it was a TV show. Something like TMDB totally can, because a lot of those are in its database.

If you feel like it, you can try dumping all those files in their own directory and adding them as a Movies import. They'll all fail probably, but you should be able to Fix Incorrect Match and use the new TMDB scanner and I bet it works.

It's a lot of work just to try to see if it works, so I understand if you don't do it. But if it worked, I think you might find them scanned in as movies a LOT better. We might make the TMDB scanner a little more useful in the future to help with stuff like this.

They are TV Show Specials, or documentaries or made for TV... Not a Movie, so they're partially correct but they can't fit that square peg in their round hole. They also have issues with TV Show Series special episodes and even TV Series Season and Episode numbers.

No thanks, already did that previously in this thread spending a few days doing Fix Incorrect Match to get them Imported. And this was just a trial test of some of my (DO NOT DELETE) Imports used to test Channels new Media Center features.

Looking forward to that.

I have a movie that is recognised on Gracenote but has no cover. I tried fix incorrect match and chose TMBD. Nothing happened, and now if I click fix incorrect match, nothing happens either.

Check the console and see if there is an error.

I tried out the new TMDB feature on 'fix incorrect match'. Worked great on the first one, though it still seems to be listed under 'Unmatched' even though it's now got a match.

For 2nd and 3rd movies in my unmatched list that I tried, I can find a good match after using 'fix incorrect match' and selecting TMDB but then when I click on the match, it just shows progress spiral for ever.

I was going to share some logs, but this activity doesn't seem to have generated any log entries

Check the web console for any errors.

Also, when I click on 'Shows' in 'Unmatched' section on the Manage DVR page, I get this error:

> null is not an object (evaluating 'e[t]')
> 
> groupID@utils/contentResults.js:210
> 
> map@[native code]
> 
> map@utils/contentResults.js:210
> 
> sort@components/recordings/Content.js:76
> 
> b@react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:153
> 
> stateNode@react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:176