BETA: Custom Channels via M3U Playlists

Thanks. There was actually something causing the pi docker version to crash, but he fixed it. All good now.

1 Like

Is anyone having issues with guide info being wrong for clients that are not channels?

I am using the docker for windows 10. I have successfully added the PlutoTV channels and guide data to channels. From what I can tell it all looks good there.

Added an M3U tuner to Emby using a file (added channel numbers and removed a lot of channels) and pointed Emby to the Docker for guide data. It is all working but there are some channels that are listing wrong guide data.

Ideas?

This is working great! Installed Docker on Ubuntu 20.04, pulled the hello-world container, then pulled the latest maddox container, and created the new stream. Easy peasy. Can’t wait to find other .m3u playlists now. Thanks!

Are you guys aware of the channels app crashing?

Thank you so much for adding this feature. It's a real game changer.

I am trying to add my SAT>IP. Do links like these work?

http://192.168.1.50/?freq=10847&src=aa&pol=v&msys=dvbs2&fec=34&rolloff=35&pilots=auto&sr=23000&mtype=auto&sid=6941&pmt=260&pids=0,5400,5401,260,5403

I have them working currently with Telly. I have set MPEG-TS but the links from my SAT IP box does not use a .ts extension. Thanks.

as promised: here's my writeup on remapping channel numbers...disclaimer: this process is pretty long and not necessarily easy to do. it's easy for me, but i'm a programmer by day and used to dealing with this kind of stuff.

please let me know if you run into any issues and i'll do my best to help figure them out. the code is up on github, feel free to fork it and make changes / put up pull requests with any improvements.

i created a thread in the playground to keep track of any issues with this too, seemed like a better idea that intertwining it with this discussion...

6 Likes

I tried to download EPG guide for Stirr. I picked X-M3U option because link to the EPG is inlcuded in M3U file. However it looks like other EPG for Directv taking precedence and I cannot map the channels because they are not listed in EPG while I know they are.

Great, I was thinking about the same, it's good someone other is skilled with PHP and have enough time.

Hmmm. My Pluto EPG from the docker had been working perfectly for a few days, but today I can't get it to load at all. I can see it when I type in 192.168.1.XXX:8080/epg.xml, and the docker log shows that the EPG was created, but nothing showing up on Channels. I have also re-entered it on my Pluto Source and refreshed. Any ideas? Thanks!

Weird. I just re-entered it again and working.

Yes, it should work.

See Sat>IP support

1 Like

Ah great. Thank you. I found the Astra 28.2 list here which has the main English channels:
https://www.satip.info/Playlists/ASTRA_28_2E.m3u

However it's a couple years out of date. Will there be an option to manually map channels? Satellite systems are constantly changing their line-ups with channels added and removed frequently.

Thank you again for all your great work.

I can an error: Process exited with Code 126.

The amount of pure awesomeness found in this thread is worth 100x the price of admission. I just want to send a bunch of thanks to everyone who has contributed their expertise thus far, including but not limited to @crackers8199, @tmm1, @Maddox, @beyo77, and others.

7 Likes

So it seems I can’t use extrem editor to pull in the EPG data??

Anyone know why? It pulls in the right channels however.

Thank you. I followed the directions and now have Pluto TV channels and guide data working.

1 Like

To the users trying this with SAT>IP, how long does it take to tune a channel for you?

For me it takes about 9-10 seconds to tune a channel using a Digitbit R1. However through telly it takes about 5-6 seconds.

Are you using http or rtsp in your m3u?

I’m using HTTP

Best to email support with a copy of the m3u and after submitting diagnostics

1 Like