DVR server not working after Shield 9.0.0 update

I can’t even open the DVR server webpage using the IP address, just says server isn’t available or goes to a weird flickering blank screen in Safari on iOS.

Did you sideload the new dvr first?

Apologies, I thought this was an interim fix without needing to sideload, I’ll carry on waiting - we’re catching up on our Netflix backlog for now :slightly_smiling_face:
(I’d completely forgotten the issue was stopping the server from working completely, I thought it was just that the external media was being blocked by Android.)

Happy Days! Although my server crashed last night, I rebooted my Shield and found the developers have been very busy all night. I upgraded to the latest pre-release. Everything that I have tested so far is working great. The write permissions, the transcoder (web browser streaming), the backup database have all been fixed for me. I haven't tested the commercial ship yet, but I can see the files being written to the comskip folder so I am almost completely sure it will work now. I believe I may be back up 100%. I was preparing to move my server to another system, but I don't see the need anymore. I really can't tell you how pleased I am with developers. Keep in mind, I did not signup or install any hot fix to the Shield OS. I haven't check to see if Plex has resolved their problems.

1 Like

Unrelated to channels, is anyone else shield running like garbage since the update? Mine has been randomly ejecting the adopted storage while I'm at work, freezing / unresponsiveness requiring a hard reboot (kill the power), Google home rarely turns it off successfully in routines, in addition to the bigger issues like I can't browse my adopted storage through any means.

Lost a lot of respect for nVidia.

1 Like

Yes, have had a lot of unresponsiveness when navigating on the Shield. Been doing a lot of reboots. The DVR server works fine right after rebooting, but if I come back in a while, its locked up and I have to reboot in order to access Channels DVR or the server itself. Hoping Nvidia comes up with a fix soon.

Yes. Same problem as @stevecccc and @AtoZ0to9. Very annoying.

Yes, I was/am having those same problems. My shield would not run more than a few hours before it would have problems related to accessing the external drive. I noticed the Shield's Live TV app was constantly trying to connect to my tuners which was annoying to me, so I went into the apps setup and disabled this service. I also uninstalled the Plex server since it is not working for me and thought it might be trying to access the external drive. My shield has now been working properly for more than 12 hours. Time will tell if any of these changes have helped my Shield.

1 Like

Also, when trying to access .../admin/settings on the Server App I get a never ending spinning arrow:

It disappears only after reboot of everything.

Just tried to create a diagnostic log for the Shield problem and I am unable to complete the task because It's stuck with spinning wheels:

It seems to be stuck at disk permissions.

I tried something which seems to have fixed my problem.

In NVIDIA > setup>Apps>, for each of the following: Channels Server and HDHomerun, I made sure that the permissions option for that app had "Files and Media" set to allow.
In my case the HDHomerun app had the option set to "not allow".

And just to avoid loosing the settings when the app closes, I changed the option: "Remove permission if app isn't used" to "off". (I'm not convinced this last thing was necessary but I did it anyway.)

BTW: It didn't apply to me, but anyone using a NAS might want to check the permissions for "NAS Storage area".

1 Like

I had 2 ota channels recording at once (dual tuner model) and the watch live option still said all tuners in use despite I should be able to watch it live while it's recording. I wonder if this is related. Thanks for those tips!

Add me to the list of people with this issue.

The instructions posted to side load were actually different for me, as when I go to help in the channels app it says “upgrade DVR server” vs install / reinstall. I had to toggle on channels to allow it to install then go into the DVR app to give it permission to read my files but after that seems to be working.

Does that all seem kosher?

If you aren't already running the beta app, install the beta app, click help, install dvr server

1 Like

Yes we tweaked the wording earlier

I'm having the same issue also (in regards to com detect not working)

Not sure who posted but was having issues with the DVR app and Server app being disabled overnight when Shield was idling - turning off energy saving optimization in app settings seems to have fixed issue.

1 Like

has the Nvidia shield update issue been fixed? I read through as many postings as I could fine but I don’t know if it’s actually been fixed. I have not updated to the new 9.0 so I don’t have any issues. Just wondering if it’s safe to update my Nvidia shield at this point. Thanks

There’s a sticky topic documenting it.

I finally decided to just side load the APK. Thought the Nvidia fix would come sooner. APK is working great. All I did was install the APK and reboot the shield and everything loaded just fine. Didn't have to install a backup. Asked for permissions that I granted with no problem.

1 Like