Fixing Channels DVR Server on Nvidia SHIELD version 9.0.0

Today, Nvidia released their 9.0.0 update for their Nvidia SHIELD streaming device. It has been verified that our Channels DVR Server has compatibility issues that will keep it from running on this updated version.

If you are using your Nvidia SHIELD for your Channels DVR Server, please read the following below.

I Have Not Upgraded My Nvidia SHIELD to Version 9.0.0

If you have not updated your Nvidia SHIELD to version 9.0.0, your Channels DVR Server will be running fine.

Please do not update to version 9.0.0 until you receive further instructions from us regarding your Channels DVR Server.

I Have Upgraded My Nvidia SHIELD to Version 9.0.0

If you have already upgraded your Nvidia SHIELD, you have 2 options.

1. Migrate your Channels DVR Server to another platform.
  2. Sideload our updated version of Channels DVR Server to your Nvidia SHIELD.

Migrate Your Channels DVR Server to Another Platform

Moving your Channels DVR Server to another computing platform is easy. Channels DVR Server can run on anything from a Windows PC, Mac Computer, or even a little Raspberry Pi. You can see which platforms Channels DVR Server supports on this page.

Using our article, you can learn how to migrate your Channels DVR Server to a new computer.

Sideload our Updated Version of Channels DVR Server to Your Nvidia Shield

Sideloading Android apps has a few steps, but is safe. By sideloading Channels DVR Server to your Nvidia SHIELD, you'll have it back up and running. You can read how to manually sideload the latest version of Channels DVR Server in this article.

If you are not comfortable sideloading Channels DVR Server to your Nvidia SHIELD, migrating to another platform is your only choice at this time.

We’ll be working on getting an updated version into the Google Play Store, but due to technical changes with Android and the Play Store, we’re still trying to determine our course of action.

We’ll update you as we have progress. You can follow our progress through this issue on our this topic.

3 Likes