Fox @ 4k HDR

Huh?

DATE TIME (ET) EVENT/LEAGUE MATCHUP/EVENT CHANNEL
12-Feb 10:30 PM Entertainment Next Level Chef FOX 4K

From https://support.fubo.tv/hc/en-us/articles/360011483011-What-events-in-4K-HDR-are-coming-up-on-fuboTV-

Not sure if this will work, but :crossed_fingers: for 4K superbowl tomorrow.

11 Likes

Just to be clear, does that improvement require us to install the EPLUS docker? Or will it hopefully try to work (:crossed_fingers:t3:) with the latest pre-release of Channels DVR on its own?

Unrelated to EPLUS docker.

Next build adds an experimental setting, so if you upgrade make sure to check the box to get the 4K/HDR. And if its buggy tomorrow you can flip it off and fallback to the regular working FOX.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Fantastic. I've updated and enabled, and will report issues, if any. Thank you! :pray:t3:

Have any particular Fox local channels been verified working?

I don't think anything has been flagged as broadcasting in 4K HDR just yet. The college basketball games on right now are not in 4K.

They aren't in 4k, so that isn't surprising.

2 Likes

Only the FOX national feeds that are in 4k are affected.
Next one is Road to the Super Bowl tomorrow at Noon ET.

There is a show just an hour earlier than that starting at 11AM eastern.

Skip and Shannon: Undisputed Super Bowl Special

Does the Fox Sports app say it's in 4k?

Yes

Hmm. guess this needs updated https://support.fubo.tv/hc/en-us/articles/360011483011-What-events-in-4K-HDR-are-coming-up-on-fuboTV-
was surprised to see Next Level Chef Season Premiere will be in 4k.

Fox has done that before after the Super Bowl. Last time it was The Masked Singer.

2 Likes

@tmm1 Thanks for implementing the 4k feature for FOX TVE.

Question: In theory, if I start a recording on time for a program that should be in 4k and the 4k feed doesn't start on time, will Channels DVR automatically switch to the 4k feed when it starts?

No it doesn't switch, just like FS1 didn't switch. But it should allow up to 10min padding now.

I'm just guessing how it will behave, we have to see what happens tomorrow.

OK, then I set manual 5 minute recordings on two TVE servers to check.
One server starts on time and the other 5 minutes later.

Thank you and GO BIRDS!