Fox @ 4k HDR

Interesting it picks the 720 stream when you are remote transcoding to 4MB.
Can’t get it to play back from library
App crashed attempting library playback

Could be slow cell data

Deleted recording and started another. This one will play so must have been a bad recording that crashed it
cae30384-d592-4734-91e3-dee7080976b4

On Nvidia Shield client, public release app, there is a lot of lag with FS1 making it unwatchable. I've sent in logs from the app

2 Likes

Awesome! Hope you get local fox working!! Thanks for this.

3 Likes

I am now getting "Tuner Unreachable" attempting to tune in FS1 or FS2 after updating to today's build - any way to revert?

Screenshot 2023-01-12 at 16-59-01 Channels Manage Recordings

Do you have app settings decode to hardware?

That fixed it! Appreciate the insight. I had it set to hybrid to fix issues with Virtual Channels in the past. This is incredible!

Works! Thank you!

1 Like

I guess for the lack of 5.1 audio I will do what I have been doing. Get the audio from Channels DVR OTA on one streaming device and the video on another. The difference now is the video on the second device will be from Chanels DVR too.

My appletv does hdr for the fox sports app no problem.

That may only be with the very latest Apple TV model that just came out. I have the model just before that, which is less than a year old, and it doesn't. They don't even put HDR tags on the content with the Fox apps. They tag them as UHD only. And even for those that have it, it took Fox four or so years to finally add it to Apple TV's.

I've got one that is the latest and then another one is the model before the latest one. I get the HDR icon for both.

Thats very strange. You are the first person I have head with HDR on Apple TV using the Fox apps. I have yet to see that on my less than a year old Apple TV. Even tonight's game was tagged as UHD and so are all the upcoming events. During the World Cup, Fox had it on for Apple TV for maybe one game or day, then they turned it off again for the rest.

1 Like

Video looks great.
Audio sucks.
Comskip doesn't process it.
I don't think it's worth burning through the streaming bandwidth if no 5.1 audio.

Thank You for the 4K/HDR.
Now if they could only provide 5.1 audio to go with it, it would be perfect.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Comskip @ 4k

4 posts were split to a new topic: YTTV Fox Sports Cable provider authentication failed

On the latest pre-release and I’m not getting this to work for the current 4K game on FS1. Just getting the 720p feed on my Apple TV 4K. Anyone else having issues?

The same for me. The wonderful 4k HDR that we experienced yesterday is gone.

1 Like