Frndly TV for Channels

Yes, I replaced "MY_EMAIL" and "MY_PASSWORD" with the email and password I'm registered at Frndly with.

I will try the actual IP address instead of 127.0.0.1.

But here's something concerning. When I click on the URL links shown on the http://127.0.0.1:8183 Channels configuration page, it goes to a page that says:

Error: USERNAME and PASSWORD are required

If they're not already there when the M3U list is created, I don't know how to add them.

Here's another question: Was I supposed to keep the quotes around "MY_EMAIL" and "MY_PASSWORD"? when I replace them with my email and password credentials on FrndlyTV?

try removing the quotes in the docker run command. I think I read something earlier in this thread about the quotes maybe being an issue.

You also may be running in to an issue we discovered last month. You may need to reset your Frndly password on Frndly. You do not need to change it to something different, but go through the password change/reset process.

How long have you had a Frndly account?

1 Like

As expected it was user error. I neglected to leave the "USERNAME=..." and "PASSWORD=..." in the docker command! Now it's working great.

2 Likes

I just signed up for the free trial an hour or so before my post.

BTW - I'm noticing that many of the Frndly channel logos are ghost-like (in the webUI not my android devices) - making them essentially impossible to read on a white background. Is that typical?

1 Like

Yes, and not just frndlyTV channel logos.
They're all visible for me when using Dark Reader https://darkreader.org/

A post was split to a new topic: Need help using Docker with Custom Channels

I just wanted to relay my experience with the Frndly TV for Channels Docker. I was using a Raspberry Pi 4 running 32 bit Raspberry Pi OS ver 10 (Buster), Linux distribution of Channels and both the Pluto and STIRR Dockers all running successfully. Using this configuration I was not able to get the Frndly Docker to run. I tired everything I could think of but I am no expert.

I finally decided to upgrade to Raspberry Pi OS ver 11 (Bullseye) to be on the current libraries. This was successful! Now it is currently successfully running the Linux distribution of Channels and the Pluto, STIRR, and Frndly Dockers. Everything works good.

One more thing to note that surprised me: I did not end up using the quotes for the USERNAME or PASSWORD. The command I excited was:

docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --env USERNAME=xxxxxxxx@ddddd --env PASSWORD=ppppppppp --name frndlytv-for-channels -p 8183:80 matthuisman/frndlytv-for-channels

One more thing is my password had only letters and numbers. Not sure if that matters.

Has anyone had any success getting this to run in Python3 on macOS? I’d like to avoid having to run Docker if possible.

1 Like

Do you need more directions than what is listed here?
Start under No Docker Section Header

So I am using an nvidia shield. I guess I am out of luck on this?

Not at all. Just installer docker on another machine on your network.

That would work even if it isn’t the DVR location? How would the DVR find it?

Sure. It's just basic networking. As long as the DVR can reach the Docker server you are fine. My DVR is 192.168.12.30 and my Docker server is on 192.168.12.40

So forgive my ignorance please but do I do this as a new channel using M3U?

You would have to set up docker on another computer first. Cross that bridge first :blush:

Is it normal for some channels to not work.
For example "Curiosity Channel", Pixl, Solo Stove, maybe others.

Most of them work perfectly.
Running latest container....

What do you mean by "not work"?
Those channels don't appear in the guide
Those channels have no guide data
Error when streaming those channels
Error when recording those channels

Those channels stream and record for me.
I didn't test every single channel, just the ones I use and the ones you mentioned.

they do not stream. they do show up in the guide.
odd.....

1 Like

You'll probably have to look at the DVR log and maybe the FrndlyTV for Channels log.
Do they stream for you at the FrndlyTV website https://try.frndlytv.com/ ?

Their status page https://frndlytv.instatus.com/ isn't showing any issues

1 Like

Its working now.
It only works directly with ChannelsDVR, if I buffer it through xTeVe, most channels work, but those few do not.
VLC can't play those channels from the m3u file either. Its kinda weird.