Fubo TV project

That's the Fubo Elite Package. You must have been subbed awhile.
That's the same one I had before I cancelled.
They now have Pro, Elite and Deluxe (plus add-ons).
I think the problem is the container is only showing the Pro (basic) package channels now for the users having issues. Seems like it might only affect new and re-subbing users.

I asked because I’m on the Deluxe plan and the VLC Bridge shows 177 channels.

Are you new to Fubo, or did you have it before and cancelled, then re-subbed?

PRs means pull requests. Basically any fixes needed provided by other people to keep it working. Keep in mind, my python knowledge is not great and I got work so my spare time is limited so having others help out here is helpful

1 Like

Thanks. I also work and to me, Python is a large snake (although I heard it's also an interpreted programming language).

So somebody who understands python and how this program works and has an account at GitLab should submit a pull request (assuming they know what that means)?

Appreciate you taking the time to reply, but I'm sure that excludes me.
I'll keep watching this Project to see if I should re-sub to Fubo, or not.

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

The price of the service is now kind of crazy high. Adding sports plus to it does make it good for football season.

Let us know how it works out using this project after you re-sub.

Just as a quick followup. I just referenced the spreadsheet in this thread:

and now believe that 122 is the correct number of channels for me to expect by way of TVE and my Fubo subscription.

As far as what Fubo plan I'm on, it shows up in my account as this:

I signed up years ago, then cancelled about a year ago when trying out YouTube TV, and then came back, still using the same login though. So I have not been continually subscribed, which makes me a re-sub. I'm not sure how my current plan compares to the "Pro" plan for $10/month less. I'm also inclined to not change anything with my subscription, because everything is working swimmingly for me. Just curious why this is so confusing and inconsistent across accounts, old and new. Seems odd.

2 Likes

On a seperate email address I have a second (unsubscribed) Fubo account, and these are the plans offered to me there. I don't see "Premier" as an option on either one, or even their website now. Weird.

1 Like

Looks like they replaced it with Redzone and Sports plus.
Move TV land and some of the other channels over to the Pro package.
I personally liked the Elite package when i had it
TVE does have NESN which isn't part of Fubo anymore.

Ugh! Sounds like my cable sub.
They keep changing the names of their packages and the contents.
All while saying they're "offering you more of what you asked for", but actually less than what you had and moving the channels you had and wanted into add-ons or higher tier packages.
Seems we subsidize channels we don't want and lose those we want unless we pay more.
If I were @Fofer I wouldn't cancel if I were happy with the package I was paying for.

Hope you all figure out the issue and make this project work for all Fubo users.

Their website shows NESN, NESN+ and NESN 4K available
https://www.fubo.tv/welcome/channel/120330/nesn
https://www.fubo.tv/welcome/channel/74281/nesn-plus
https://www.fubo.tv/welcome/channel/132072/nesn-4-k

Looks like their Elite package is now Elite With Sports Plus and the Premier package is now Deluxe

@Jean0987654321 I too am not seeing Redzone in my channel list. I recently resubbed to Fubo and I'm on their new plan. Any chance you can look into some channels not appearing in my m3u list?

Recap

and it appears a user found a workaround here

1 Like

Sounds like this project is about dead which is a shame. I was thinking of giving it a shot with football starting. I was unsure between this and the ADBTuner option. I was leaning towards this but would rather have something with a longer probability of success so I'll probably go with ADBTuner.

I still have this deployed on 3 servers (FL, NC, PA). I'm seeing a diminishing return based on no more updates (though workarounds exists which I could live with) but also Fubo's shrinking footprint (latest casualty is HGTV/FOOD/etc for wife's viewing habits). I've had to add Philo into my streaming sources to backfill those channels.

That I can still get all local broadcast channels for the NC location using a mix of TVE and FuboProj (in the mountains and don't have reliable access to antenna signal) and with their 10 screen max and 3 location limit, my TCO is still positive so I'll hang on longer than most but I am preparing for the day that I have to push my mom (FL) to her own streaming account and proprietary app and I pivot to ADBTuner to maintain CDVR at our home in PA. Not sure what we will do then for NC cabin. Probably just use our PA server and give up the NC local stations.

does anyone have this working in Canada? i had it working perfectly in the US but moved to canada last week and i've rebuilt it with my new canadian account but its not working :frowning:

Can you stream from their website https://www.fubo.tv/stream/canada/ using your browser in Canada?

Aren't their plans and channels different in Canada?

Also, I think you need to update your postal code on your account and set your home network there.
I don't live in Canada, so just going by what their website says.

Last, but not least, it appears something changed recently where anybody using this project only gets channels from the U.S. Pro plan no matter what plan they sub to.

"Last, but not least, it appears something changed recently where anybody using this project only gets channels from the U.S. Pro plan no matter what plan they sub to."

probably it.

Everything else works fine with my new account. even watching it as i type on my xbox x with the same app, just new login.