Fubo TV project

Looks like they replaced it with Redzone and Sports plus.
Move TV land and some of the other channels over to the Pro package.
I personally liked the Elite package when i had it
TVE does have NESN which isn't part of Fubo anymore.

Ugh! Sounds like my cable sub.
They keep changing the names of their packages and the contents.
All while saying they're "offering you more of what you asked for", but actually less than what you had and moving the channels you had and wanted into add-ons or higher tier packages.
Seems we subsidize channels we don't want and lose those we want unless we pay more.
If I were @Fofer I wouldn't cancel if I were happy with the package I was paying for.

Hope you all figure out the issue and make this project work for all Fubo users.

Their website shows NESN, NESN+ and NESN 4K available
https://www.fubo.tv/welcome/channel/120330/nesn
https://www.fubo.tv/welcome/channel/74281/nesn-plus
https://www.fubo.tv/welcome/channel/132072/nesn-4-k

Looks like their Elite package is now Elite With Sports Plus and the Premier package is now Deluxe

@Jean0987654321 I too am not seeing Redzone in my channel list. I recently resubbed to Fubo and I'm on their new plan. Any chance you can look into some channels not appearing in my m3u list?

Recap

and it appears a user found a workaround here

1 Like

Sounds like this project is about dead which is a shame. I was thinking of giving it a shot with football starting. I was unsure between this and the ADBTuner option. I was leaning towards this but would rather have something with a longer probability of success so I'll probably go with ADBTuner.

I still have this deployed on 3 servers (FL, NC, PA). I'm seeing a diminishing return based on no more updates (though workarounds exists which I could live with) but also Fubo's shrinking footprint (latest casualty is HGTV/FOOD/etc for wife's viewing habits). I've had to add Philo into my streaming sources to backfill those channels.

That I can still get all local broadcast channels for the NC location using a mix of TVE and FuboProj (in the mountains and don't have reliable access to antenna signal) and with their 10 screen max and 3 location limit, my TCO is still positive so I'll hang on longer than most but I am preparing for the day that I have to push my mom (FL) to her own streaming account and proprietary app and I pivot to ADBTuner to maintain CDVR at our home in PA. Not sure what we will do then for NC cabin. Probably just use our PA server and give up the NC local stations.

does anyone have this working in Canada? i had it working perfectly in the US but moved to canada last week and i've rebuilt it with my new canadian account but its not working :frowning:

Can you stream from their website https://www.fubo.tv/stream/canada/ using your browser in Canada?

Aren't their plans and channels different in Canada?

Also, I think you need to update your postal code on your account and set your home network there.
I don't live in Canada, so just going by what their website says.

Last, but not least, it appears something changed recently where anybody using this project only gets channels from the U.S. Pro plan no matter what plan they sub to.

"Last, but not least, it appears something changed recently where anybody using this project only gets channels from the U.S. Pro plan no matter what plan they sub to."

probably it.

Everything else works fine with my new account. even watching it as i type on my xbox x with the same app, just new login.

You could pull an older version of his docker image and see if that works.
There are two. Container Registry · Yankees4life / vlc-bridge-fubo · GitLab
Instead of the
2024-08-17 image at registry.gitlab.com/yankees4life/vlc-bridge-fubo:latest
Try the
2024-05-20 image at registry.gitlab.com/yankees4life/vlc-bridge-fubo/main:latest

That would be before his latest change

I would try it, but I no longer sub to Fubo.

with the new account you are getting all channels again?

Which docker image are you using. The old joagomez one
or one of the newer ones from Jean (there are two).
Container Registry · Yankees4life / vlc-bridge-fubo · GitLab
2024-08-17 image at registry.gitlab.com/yankees4life/vlc-bridge-fubo:latest
2024-05-20 image at registry.gitlab.com/yankees4life/vlc-bridge-fubo/main:latest

I'm using registry.gitlab.com/yankees4life/vlc-bridge-fubo:latest

I also noticed today the number of channels it's providing increased by 1, now it's showing 246 channels.

Guess the issue other users are having is something on the Fubo backend and not the docker container?

Sure seems like it? I’m not sure what else could explain the discrepancy. Hmm.

1 Like

Different channels in Canada, I got it for the Premier League as its exclusive to Fubo here. Also different monthly price

I'm still using it in Canada! You don't get any of the sports channels (DRM'd), but it works for the StackTV channels. I'm also on JGomez177's (I'm assuming) final version as I've managed to not mess with it while it works.

1 Like

I'm guessing the issues some people are having with channels missing is due to Fubos recent change to the packages.

I still have an older package, and i am able to add and remove addons and the channels are updated in the original container

1 Like

Here's some interesting data that may help explain the discrepancy? I was playing around with this cool CDVR Sources Helper bookmarklet along with my Fubo-VLC-Bridge docker setup, and next to the name of each channel it revealed what looks like package names that are serving them up for me. fubotv-basic, 4k-screen, fubo-extra-lite-v2, news-plus.

What are others seeing, when they try the same?

2 Likes