Kids Fire tablet missing movies and episodes

Are you getting a message "A Channels DVR server was not found at" or something else?

Can you open the IP:PORT in the browser on the tablet itself?

What are you running the Channels DVR docker container on?

If it's a Synology NAS, you have to use host mode instead of bridge mode networking for the container.

Correct I get `"A Channels DVR server was not found at IP:PORT" message.
Yes, on the tablet browser I can get to the admin page also.

I tried that first, but when I made on in host mode and set the port 8087->8089, I could not find the container from web browsers. I later read the port mapping doesn't work in host network mode..
Do you have advice on settings to host a standard DVR and a container from the same NAS? Dont think it will work if they both want to use port 8089.

Can you submit diagnostics after seeing that error message

I'm uploading a new beta apk which has some changes that may help. Kind of a shot in the dark so probably won't make a difference but you can try it.

Submitted.

I see, this must be some Synology thing as @chDVRuser suggested

You can run in host mode, but set an env var CHANNELS_PORT=8088 on the docker first

First load of beta 8-28, seemed to crash/close after I entered large library DVR IP. Relaunch appeared frozen for quite some time at a particular step, then loaded but same behavior no movies and single or no episodes on TV shows.

Well that fixed the Docker/tablet connection and will get my kids patched up at bit. Lost all my actual Channels kids TV show recordings, as they live on the main server channels DVR folder, and the tags/movie match corrections and pictures are all gone, but I'll let the Docker re-learn my kids movie and TV library imports and they'll be back in business by the weekend.
Thank you Aman!

Would love to see a permanent solution, but I understand weak tablets are low priority. Still shocked no one has 40k recordings and uses FireTV sticks which come in 1/2GB flavors to run into this issue first.

It's not just Synology. Also affects Mac and Windows.
:warning: Security Resolution Incoming :warning: - Announcements - Channels Community (getchannels.com)
:warning: Security Update in v2024.01.08.1431 - Announcements - Channels Community (getchannels.com)