NEW: Android TV app for Channels DVR (experimental)

Just tested out surround sound, and it works great. For settings it made me wonder… are you planning on implementing the same sort of settings (tuner priority, tuner sharing, etc) that are on the ATV eventually? It’s coming along very nice!

1 Like

Tuner priority and sharing is managed by the DVR since it is used for streaming already. Might add more settings as the need arises.

On my amp it detects it as “multi-channels” not Dolby Digital, but it works. :wink:

Hey just realized today that when watching the news, the scrolling banner on the bottom didn’t appear to be fluid. Like it looks almost choppy. Tested it on ESPN and it did the same thing.
DVR backend: Nvidia shield tv
Test on: Nvidia shield tv
Both with current firmware

I also test my apple tv, that played fine with no problems.
Just a heads up, I don’t use the shield for playback but did test it this morning. When watching on either plex or live channels app I don’t see the same issue.

1 Like

Uploaded v1.0.21, which contains a rewrite of the video player. It should perform much better now and provide full 60fps playback.

I have tested on SHIELD and MiBox, so would be very curious to hear results on Nexus Player, LeECO TV, etc. Let me know if there are any issues.

2 Likes

Updated the app on my shield v1 and now when I open it and go to a channel it keeps force closing. Keep getting the message “Channels has stopped”

I have uploaded v1.0.23 with a fix for the crash.

Working fine now. Thanks

1 Like

On LeEco TV with 1.0.23 app update: Tuning to any channel starts playback for a frame or two and then completely freezes. Pressing back button on remote returns me to guide, but app is locked up at this stage. Then pressing “home” button on remote triggers “app not responding” prompt and allows me to kill it.

1 Like

Do you see the same freezing behavior on both mpeg2 and h264 channels (try local ABC/FOX for mpeg2).

Yes, same freezing on local channels.

Uploaded v1.0.24 which fixes the freezing issue.

Confirmed - working well now. Thanks!

I’m sure you have a huge list of features to work through, but any ETA for search functionality in the app?

Plays beautifully on the Nexus Player.

Edit: below…hadn’t updated to latest

Oops, spoke too soon. Did not have latest loaded.

Sorry, just getting spinner on live and recorded.

I am experiencing the same issue on the Nexus player since being updated to the latest version. The shield tv works great as server and player with latest updates, thanks!

1 Like

Hey thanks for the quick fix! The scrolling banner on the bottom works perfectly now.

1 Like

I have uploaded v1.0.25, which adds a new “Submit Diagnostic Logs” option to the Settings tab.

If you have a Nexus Player, please try to play a channel and then submit logs afterwards so I can take a look at what’s going on. (I also ordered one for testing but it doesn’t arrive until Monday).

Submitted. (.25) …hopefully. For Live and Recorded.

Was kind of surprised that you could order a discontinued product, but found at least three sources. :grin:

BTW:

I ordered a 2nd gen Firestick remote with voice. Hope to pair this with Shield and utilize included voice capabilities. To me, the overpriced Shield remote is utterly useless, based on comments from @timstephens24.

IMO, voice enabled remotes should be the ultimate solution in discovering playable recordings/streaming options.

1 Like