Non-Docker source for PlutoTV and Stirr m3u playlists and EPG

I can access when re-routing off the VPN but then cannot access Channels remotely then. Need the VPN for remote access to my server when travelling for work. Cloudflare is clearly blocking the VPN. Thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

I access my home network via VPN when traveling, but it's a direct connection to a VPN server on my network (Firewalla Blue).

And before that (for at least 15 years), I was running DD-WRT on several different routers that did the same thing.

There are many ways to do this without relying on an outside provider or network. Just FYI.

I understand, but the VPN remotely is for redundancy and is in our location, but on a different connection (DSL rather than Cable). Cloudflare insists it is not blocking our IP but rather the customer. No worries. I can make without. Thank you again!

Any notice any issues with streaming Pluto in Channels of it just freezing, showing the timeline bar, and the spinning circle in it? I click left or right and it resumes, but then freezes again. Recordings are fine, only live is issue.

This is happening alot and during the "We will be back" Pluto screen after the show ends and before the new show is on.

This is happening on my Nvidia Shield tube modal, wired ethernet. Channel 1120 Judge Judy channel. (my mother is watching this channel all day and complaining to me of this issue, i have observed it my self) I have watched for hours other Pluto channels, and not had the issue, but i use a Apple Tv.

EDIT: I am seeing this in the server logs...
2023/06/01 20:38:58.832390 [TNR] Cancelling stream M3U-Pluto ch1120 after no data was received for 2m0s
2023/06/01 20:38:58.966082 [SNR] Buffer statistics for 192.168.0.11 (Bedroom TV) for ch1120 The Judge Judy Channel: buf=0% drop=0%
2023/06/01 20:40:05.429078 [SNR] Buffer statistics for 192.168.0.11 (Bedroom TV) for ch1120 The Judge Judy Channel: buf=0% drop=0%
2023/06/01 20:40:05.463971 [TNR] Closed connection to M3U-Pluto for ch1120 The Judge Judy Channel

Weird. I am playing the channel no issue on my apple tv.

You are not alone....I'm seeing the same intermittently. Maybe Pluto is having some capacity issues with the roll-out of the Google Free Live channels with Pluto (that's not TVE, but who knows how their servers are configured).

Cool news. I'm curious to know if/when these two will come over via nocords.xyz too? Do we have to do anything, or is it automatic? @HankLloydRight

As far as I know it should be automatic as the source is Pluto.

The Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune Pluto channel id's don't appear in the Pluto API (yet).
I think Matt got the channel id's (you can see them on the Pluto website) and used them for his playlist.
https://pluto.tv/en/live-tv/625f04253e5f6c000708f3b7/details
https://pluto.tv/en/live-tv/625f054c5dfea70007244612/details

Unfortunately it’s not. Matt is using a different endpoint, that’s how his m3u manages to get the Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune channels:

1 Like

Yup. I get:

{"statusCode":401,"error":"Unauthorized","errorCode":"BearerTokenRequired","message":"bearer token required"}

How does one get a bearer token?

1 Like

Hmm, is that this? Accessing Pluto data programmatically

Otherwise, perhaps @matthuisman can share information about it.

Wrong Pluto, that one is

I did some limited searching and only found API's used in projects at github

1 Like
data = s.get('https://boot.pluto.tv/v4/start', params=PLUTO_PARAMS).json()
s.headers.update({'authorization': 'Bearer {}'.format(data['sessionToken'])})

pluto params are just the usual

1 Like

@maddox, can the same be applied to the Pluto Docker?

4 Likes

I just realized Pluto guide doesn't offer the record option on my client. I never checked this or recorded from Pluto yet. So not sure if this is normal or I have a problem. All my other guides have record option.
I'm using the the file and guide setup info from the beginning of this chain. Any feedback appreciated. Thx

If setup correctly you should be able to record from Pluto. Usually when there is no record option presented there is a problem with the guide data. If you are getting guide blocks with one long block with the channel’s name then guide data is missing. Revisit post one and verify the guide data url is correct in your settings. Then choose the maintenance drop down under guide database and select delete and recreate guide database.

Thanks for replying.
I have the following setup addresses:
https://nocords.xyz/pluto/playlist.m3u
https://nocords.xyz/pluto/epg.xml
The guide populates and displays correct show info. And I had already tried reloading guide from the server. I'am using the beta version so not sure if that could be a problem.

Try doing a Redownload XMLTV for the source

Updating to 2023.09.21.2256 did the trick. I should have known better. #1 reboot #2 check for updates.
Thanks all for the extremely quick reply's . Such a great product that focuses on customer experience.

2 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: DVRDrive