OliveTin for Channels: An Interface for Misc Channels DVR Scripts & Tricks

How do you add a manual recording with an OTA channel?
I get an error message 'invalid argument' entering channel number as 2.1 or 2-1.

Thanks.

1 Like

@bnhf will have to change the type for channel in the config.yaml from an int to float or something else that will accept 2.1

- name: channel
        type: int
        description: The channel number to use for the recording.
1 Like

Thanks

Sorry about that. Should be fixed in bnhf/olivetin:latest (aka bnhf/olivetin:2024.09.03).

2 Likes

That works great !
Thanks

I think this is a good enough tip that it warrants inclusion in OliveTin. A real time-saver for me, at least!

Maybe include it as an optional step in Project One-Click? :slight_smile:

1 Like
  1. Great idea.
  2. I had a "WOOHOO" moment when I saw "completed" state on that post, but it just meant auto-closing after a year. Sigh.

So the idea here is to be able to create a channel collection that includes the entirety of one or more sources?

Yes, it's a Channel Collection of a source, always stays up-to-date, dynamically, as opposed to having to manually review the Channel Collection every once in a while to add/remove changes yourself. Using Pluto as an example...

Would the flow be something like, delete the current channel collection with name x, read all channels in desired sources x-y-z, and then create a new collection with name x?

So basically update the collection every time changes in the lineup are detected.
We already have 50% of this feature. :wink:

An even better idea! So, an OliveTin script would monitor for any changes in lineup to one or more predefined Channel Collections. And then, add or delete those channels from the collection.

The flow then would be more like, every x hours read the contents of collection x, and add/delete lineup changes identified since the last script run.

Well, my original idea was to just create the “smart” Channel Collection, following the quoted tip, so that Collection always stays up to date without any other processes or manual steps required. However then it does show every channel on that source and you can’t manually customize the sort order. Still, this is good enough for my needs.

If you handle it via script and the old Channel Collection is deleted and a new one is created then you would also want to replace it in the Client-side settings so it’s available on TV.

I do like the idea of a simple Channel Collection that would be called “Recent Channel Additions” though! What a great way to discover them as they are introduced!

I guess I'm not tracking on how OliveTIn would factor in then. Are you saying this already possible using the quoted tip? What are you hoping OliveTin would bring to the party?

Agreed. Great idea!

Sorry, I'm answering for @Fofer: No. But this is half of the solution.

In my opinion: there is currently no way to modify/maintain channel collections automatically (besides the official smart collection feature in Channels already, but that's different.)

That's where OliveTin comes in.

I have a couple of ideas in my head to discuss with you, @bnhf, because I don't know how it works internally in OliveTin so your expertise is needed.

I have a few things to do for the rest of the day. I will come back a little bit later this evening to write down my thoughts.

Six weeks after passing the 3000 downloads mark, OliveTin-for-Channels rockets past 4000 downloads! Are we entering an era of a more Docker-savvy Channels user? :slight_smile:

Best regards to all that use OliveTin-for-Channels and Project One-Click!

3 Likes

New bnhf/olivetin:latest (aka bnhf/olivetin:2024.09.12) pushed with Project One-Click support for:

I just noticed I am not pulling in any Samsung Channels. Do I need to remove the install and have OT Reinstall it or can I make a manual change in my sources?

You can do either. This container has a couple of new env vars that need to be provided:

If you do it manually, stop the Portainer stack, and paste in the new compose:

version: '3.9'
services:
  # 2024.08.31
  # GitHub home for this project: https://github.com/matthuisman/samsung-tvplus-for-channels
  # Docker Hub home for this project: https://hub.docker.com/r/matthuisman/samsung-tvplus-for-channels
  samsung-tvplus-for-channels:
    image: matthuisman/samsung-tvplus-for-channels:${TAG}
    container_name: samsung-tvplus-for-channels
    ports:
      - ${HOST_PORT}:80 # Use the same port number the container is using, or optionally change it if the port is already in use on your host
    environment:
      - REGIONS=${REGIONS} # Comma separated list of regions to use. us,kr,it,in,gb,fr,es,de,ch,ca,at or all supported.
      - TZ=${TZ} # Add your local timezone in standard linux format. E.G. US/Eastern, US/Central, US/Mountain, US/Pacific, etc
    restart: unless-stopped

The modify your env vars to include the two new ones:

TAG=latest
HOST_PORT=8182
REGIONS=us
TZ=US/Mountain

New bnhf/olivetin:latest (aka bnhf/olivetin:2024.09.13) pushed this morning, with Project One-Click support for latest version of EPlusTV. This includes creating custom channel sources for the defined sporting events, plus a second source for the new linear channels (if enabled). More details here: