Plex Live TV Channels M3U?

I realized requesting several days worth of epg data is a bit much and started noticing that issues for that initial build. Gonna rework that to resolve how I’m requesting that data

2 Likes

Another note here is many of the Plex channels I have been able to find a corresponding tmsid (gracenote id) so will be including that once I finalize going through them all ( which is quite a few)

3 Likes

pushed a new update that includes
channel-id by "provider"-"id" (i.mjh.nz compatibility)

2 Likes

Thank you, you're my hero! Worked like a charm!

1 Like

It's working great. Thank you so much!

1 Like

Well since I've went ahead and updated the code to include gracenote ids, I also moved everything to GitHub including the latest docker image (thanks to @warrentc3 for some IDs I didn't have)
Note here - Plex seems to have quite a bit of time shifting of their streams compared to the Gracenote. Hopefully these line up for you in different time zones. Also only have done US at this point and still working on this so not every channel with a stationid is fully accounted for yet

This update includes the parameter gracenote=(include|exclude) similar to the frndly-for-channels parameter. (thanks @matthuisman for this idea)

Also reduced the amount of EPG data gets pulled until I can optimize it better
and finally I think this version runs on amd64 and arm64 (thanks to @m0ngr31 for pointing me in the right direction for this)

docker pull ghcr.io/jgomez177/plex-for-channels

docker run -d --network=host -e PLEX_PORT=[your_port_number_here] --name  plex-for-channels ghcr.io/jgomez177/plex-for-channels

github.com/ jgomez177/ plex-for-channels/pkgs/container/plex-for-channels

3 Likes

What address do I put in my custom channel? Docker is running under port 7710. Thanks.

The IP address on your local network of the machine on which you installed Docker.

If Docker is installed on the same machine where Channels DVR is also running, use the IP adress 127.0.0.1.

Heads up: under the "compatible" listings it is showing links for include/exclude to the non-compatible:

When I put it in manually, though, it does work as expected anyway.

3 Likes

Specifically what does your m3u look like? I have a handful of containers running for Channels, and of course they use the ip (and port # of container) of the Docker machine, but each m3u is a little different.

Hehe good ol copy paste in the HTML error :slight_smile:
Thanks will correct

1 Like

Gonna answer your question with a question. What is it you are looking for? Something specific in the EXTINF meta data? I mean if you are just curious then please feel free to run the docker and open up what is generated. However if there is a specific need or problem (such as matching channel-id for scripting like in the case @babsonnexus presented, I’d be happy to look it over and possibly update the code)

1 Like

Simply asking what is the m3u address I need to put into the custom channel. I ended up using the first one in post number 63, but I am not getting any guide data. The container is running and I get 533 channels. Thanks.

1 Like

You can use the custom EPG links located on the first page
Screenshot 2024-02-15 104527

Thanks. It is working now. To help others, what first page do you mean? The first POST in this thread? I don't see the links there. Is there a link to Github? Thanks again!

@joagomez, I noticed the Plex guide data was not loading and, upon attempting a manual reload, saw this in the Channels logs:

[ERR] No stations available in lineup XMLTV-Plex after guide data download: XML syntax error on line 81124: illegal character code U+0008

Looking at the XML Guide Data file, I saw that line 81124 had this character:

Switched guide data to i.mjh.nz and it loaded no issue. When I looked at the similar record, sure enough it did not have that character:

Seems to be filtering out.

2 Likes

Uh huh, that's why I said:

Letting them know about another issue I encountered, okay?

FYI @joagomez Not seeing this issue using the GitHub docker and the Gracenote-only m3u (334 channels)