Provider - FuboTV

Interesting, I was thinking it was going to be no. I thought I was getting it from YTTV that I borrow sometimes from my kids, but I think I was getting it from Philo. We are moving and I have to blow up my providers because going from wide antenna support to nearly nothing. The YYTV experience failed with my wife and she's loved Channels, but the frustration of TFA with YTTV is leading me to explore one of the other providers like Fubo. I'm assuming Fubo doesn't have any of the TFA problems.

From around the same time, here are the networks that YTTV and Philo offer via TVE:

YouTubeTV

• AMC
  • CBS Sports
  • Discovery
  • Disney (ESPN, FX, NatGeo)
  • Fox News
  • Fox Sports
  • NBCUniversal
  • NFL/RedZone

Philo

• A+E
  • AMC
  • Crown
  • Discovery
  • ViacomCBS

I do not get History on Fubo, neither on the app nor TVE. Would suspect this is why:

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. I have updated my post to reference your new information.

Check out the FrndlyTV posts. Frndly has History. And the custom channel setup works well. (sorry, but I don't know how to link posts)

2 Likes

Frndly could be used as an A&E Family of Networks add-on package in Fubo's case. It is under $10, which is in a typical add-on price range. Plus Frndly just acquired streaming rights to those A&E Family of Networks channels this year so you gotta figure that Frndly's contract is at least a few years. Frndly's channels specific to the A&E Family are: A&E, The HISTORY Channel, Military HISTORY Channel, Lifetime, Lifetime Movie Network, Vice TV and FYI. Plus of course you get about 30 other channels too.

As @deb mentioned there is a big FrndlyTV thread at Frndly TV for Channels.

1 Like

My Fubo account was created using Google's sign on/sign-in service, so entering username and password doesn't work. I have to go through Google's sign in process. Is there a way to connect the DVR to Fubo this way? Or any plans to add sign in functionality beyond U/P?

1 Like

No, you need a user/password so the DVR can login once a week automatically

1 Like

I changed my online password for Fubo and then deleted and re-added Fubo in Channels Settings and it now seems to be working.

1 Like

https://thedesk.net/2023/01/fubo-tv-regional-sports-fee-added-plas/

Which add-on's add the regional sports package? You are able to add all of them through ChannelsDVR TVE, except Bally Sports? Is that correct? Thanks.

FUBO Price Increase
This month FUBO increased by Price by $21, They keep adding more and more sports channels including a $12.95 Regional Sports Network. I don't watch any sports channels. FUBO brags about their sports coverage. I like FUBO, but don't want to pay for sports channels that I don't watch especially the mandatory Regional Sports Network. With a price now over the $100 mark, I need to shop around. Any help or recommends

1 Like

YouTube TV might be worth a look-see. At $65, it’s certainly competitive with FUBO. But if you can live without news, sports and locals, Philo is a steal at $25. Keep in mind all streaming services can jump in price at anytime.

Spectrum has location ability. It is not available at my address and sends me to Xfinity.

Wow that is more then I Pay for my XFINITY Cable TV. and that includes ShowTime and HBO.... Plus cloud DVR.

Already signed up with Philo!

FUBOs customer service was not very friendly or customer oriented. They must be getting a lot of calls as I had to wait 40 minutes to speak to a rep. His attitude was best described as Take itooLeave it. So, I choose to leave it. The only channel I am missing is Foxnews and that is only for Tucker. FUBO has locals which I don't need as I get them OTA.

I have Philo and Sling Blue and it gives me everything I got from my Cable Co for $60.00/month. If you really want Foxnews and Tucker, Sling Blue is $40.00/month. I have grandfathered Philo for $20/month but the regular price is $25. Combined it's still cheaper than Fubo. I am like you and have OTA for all the local channels... Although, that may not be for too much longer the way they are implementing ATSC 3.

It appears I've lost NBC and FOX from FUBO TVE. I've done a complete channel scan from the Channels web interface and they are indeed gone. Because of their ridiculous price increase I intend to cancel them this month and go with Hulu+TV, Disney+ package. So, I'm just curious if anyone else has seen NBC & Fox disappear from TVE.

1 Like

update - used a combination of YTTV + Philo to get my sports and my wifes cooking channel / Magnolia network. So far no login issues like I was having every couple days with Hulu. Bump in price vs annoyance factor of frequent login issues and missed recording is working for us...

This is a bit of an old thread, but I'm looking to go from Hulu to another service for tve since Hulu in currently forcing me to logout off all devices and reset the service password weekly. It's a good 45 minutes for me to get every device in the house setup again and NOT viable every week... Trying to find a service w sports channels that will work consistently...

Would think this would be of interest, for those with sporting events missing in Fubo, due to the turner rights.

1 Like